Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
Manage the development of Men's RLX outerwear and rough wear (trousers) product from initial design hand-off through to final production approval. Coordinate daily flow of information between design, merchandising, production, technical design, and sourcing office or factories. Proactively drive the team to achieve calendar milestones.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Included but not limited to:
* Attend seasonal handoffs with Design and technical design.
* Create all seasonal technical packages in PLM with a focus on BOM's and artwork for logo development. Enter key milestone dates in PLM for tracking.
* Understand performance outerwear and rough wear (trousers) and spec raw materials (fabric, trims, logo, fill, etc.) for each model.
* Release all initial tech packs for proto developments, trials, and sample trim orders.
* Maintain daily communication with partners to help facilitate accurate developments.
* Maintain the WIP agenda and participate in weekly WIPS meetings, handoffs, and any other cross-functional meetings as directed by the manager.
* Initiate requests for graphics, detail, the functionality of trims, etc. testing from the initial stage to final approval of test result to deliver.
* Manage all line changes, adds, and drops with accuracy and timeliness and communicate to all partners.
* Track all developments and communicate timing and status to the team to include receipt of photos, mock-ups, stock fit samples, trim and graphic submissions, testing reports, or other trials, and monitor timings against the calendar.
* Attend all fittings with a focus on BOM's & all updates for seamless updates or to create visibility of details to the team.
* Attend costing meetings to provide feedback on potential cost savings.
* Troubleshoot and communicate any foreseeable issues with raw materials and manage through to the final okay to buy.
* Own the Preparation for seasonal line reviews. Thoroughly review samples against tech packs to identify discrepancies. Partner with the design team to recap line review comments and coordinate with Design to capture all updates into tech packs in a timely matter.
* Monitor stock OTB's and request digital or actual trim cards for each model, update and ensure all approvals are in place before releasing updated tech packs to factories.
* Manage special projects as needed.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Bachelor's degree preferred
* Product development experience with performance outerwear preferred
* Knowledge of garment manufacturing process, prints, performance outerwear construction, and testing.
* Strong communication and cross-functional team collaboration skills; ability to work closely with Design, Technical Design, Raw Materials, and Merchandising Teams, as well as Sourcing Offices
* Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
* Strong Microsoft Office knowledge
* PLM, Illustrator/photoshop/XD
* Embodies the CFAs of the RL Brand #LI-CE1