At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities. JOB PURPOSE
The role of the Business Analyst is to provide clarity on what is required for our technology solutions to satisfy business requirements from all stakeholder groups. They work with the business to analyse, ratify and document requirements and processes, thus helping delivery teams to prioritise deliveries to maximise business value.
We are looking for a Senior Business Analyst to work within our Digital Technology team, to help bridge the gap between the business needs and the technical requirements on a range of complex, challenging and strategically key ecommerce initiatives. You will work in partnership with your delivery team to identify & implement solutions on our new Responsive Web platform, which will aim to meet the needs of our broader Digital strategy.
You will be joining a team of skilled professionals including Product Owners, Project Managers, Development and Creative teams, and will be part of and working closely with a wider community of Business Analysts within the Digital portfolio and across the organisation.
Cultural fit is really important to us - we work in a fast-paced, dynamic and highly collaborative environment and look for individuals who thrive in this type of setting. We also look for lateral thinkers who can think outside of the box and are capable of confidently and effectively challenging scope and solutions, for the better. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead inception and discovery activities to clarify scope and identify opportunities to phase analysis and delivery
- Use facilitation techniques alongside business and technical knowledge to drive out requirements from a range of business, technical and creative partners and stakeholders
- Identify and understand impact of cross-stream technical and feature dependencies and action accordingly
- Support Project manager in planning for the business and technical impact of a project, including business change mapping, implementation and adoption
- Communicate and document clear, unambiguous functional and non-functional business requirements to agreed standards
- Support Product Owners on prioritisation of requirements in line with technical capabilities and the size of the problem/opportunity
- Partner with Solution Architects and Development teams to maintain on-going engagement and clarity of requirements throughout delivery, ensuring the solution is fit for purpose
- Help to facilitate and actively participate in Agile delivery ceremonies - backlog grooming sessions, stand ups, reviews, retrospectives and product demos
- Map business process changes resulting from implementation of new features and/or initiatives
- Support, evolve and consistently contribute to maintaining high-quality ways of working and outputs from the Digital BA team
- At least 3-5 years' business analysis experience for medium/large projects or programmes of work, within the Digital/Ecommerce space, ideally in the following areas:
- Web Platforms
- Customer Journeys and Experience
- Experience delivering Responsive Web solutions, is preferred
- Experience leading BAs across one or more programmes/projects and/or coordinating delivery across several delivery streams
- Experience working in an offshore/distributed team model
- Ability to clearly communicate solutions and technology issues with non-technical people
- Demonstrated thought leadership and/or proven experience in defining a lean requirements delivery strategy and process
- Awareness of the Burberry Brand and luxury ecommerce/retail market as it relates to customer journeys
- Demonstrated interest and experience in the creative, retail or consumer goods industries, is preferred
Additional qualifications or competencies
- An open, curious, and inquisitive mind
- Leadership potential and the ability to influence
- Self-motivated, independent, passionate and able to acclimate into a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Able to communicate confidently and effectively in both technical and business settings and to all levels of stakeholders, with an ability to understand needs rather than spoken wants
- Strong emotional intelligence
- Strong partnering and collaboration skills
- BCS/other Business Analysis qualification or demonstrable experience
- Accredited and/or experienced in agile methodologies (Scrum, Lean)
- Familiar with process mapping tools, LucidChart, Visio, Omnigraffle, etc
- Good in Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || IT || DIGITAL || n/a ||