Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way. Job Overview
The Marketing and Special Events Coordinator assists in the execution of in Bloomingdale's Integrated Marketing campaigns, including virtual and in-store events. Involvement with external partnerships to drive brand awareness and customer acquisition to positively impact market share on a localized level. The Coordinator will partner with store leadership in the cultivation of Top Clients and maximization of Bloomingdale's programs dedicated to top tier. Essential Functions
- Assists in the planning and full execution of all aspects of in-store events and animation that support the direction of the Central strategy. Track post-event results and provides feedback to Central partners.
- Enhances Central strategy by supporting secured sponsorships, co-branding opportunities and/or community initiatives that build productive local relationships with the intent to build customer base and commerce.
- Partners with the Store Leadership team in creating curated experiences to build loyalty and share among Bloomingdale's top spending "Top of the List" (TOL) clients. Maximize opportunities to delight top clients through experiences and special events. Monitor frequency of visits, engagement and spend.
- Collaborates with the Central Media team to develop local media plans, securing publicity and partnering with brand-appropriate social media influencers and bloggers.
- Pursues localized opportunities in alignment with Trade Area Marketing and Special Events Leader and store leadership to cultivate customers and build sales. Supports local accelerated growth of focus businesses with event intensification that builds store animation and experience.
- Guides General Manager(s) as to productive involvement in outside organizations and events.
- Leverages corporate philanthropy giving programs to maximize community impact and fundraising.
- May be called upon as point person for external communication locally
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university
- 1-2 years direct experience
- Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner
- Excellent leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs
- Hybrid work model that includes in-store and remote work requirements
- Requires prolonged periods of sitting, with occasional standing
- Event execution requires walking, bending, reaching, hearing and talking
- Continuous use of computers and other office equipment
- Frequently lift/move up to 25 lbs.