Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way. Job Overview:
Through our carefully curated selection of merchandise, we guide and inspire our customers to make style a creative source of energy in their lives. The Visual Support Production Supervisor for Window and Special Store Projects is responsible for helping to create and develop new, experiential, and dynamic street windows and special projects in store to enhance Bloomingdale's brand while driving key business initiatives. Supports the creative merchandise process for a specific family of business, actively participates and contributes to team ideation meetings, and supports projects when needed. The Visual Support Production Supervisor for Window and Special Store Projects interfaces with merchant teams, marketing, fashion office, store environment and provides to the stores the fashion and trend direction for visual merchandising initiatives. Essential Functions:
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Owns video production, prop design and merchandise presentation communication for their specific areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for design, production and calendars for windows and special instore projects. Shares prototype and best practice examples.
- Oversees the fabrication/production vendors and millworkers under tight deadlines.
- Strong Graphic design background with experience creating art for motion graphics/video, print production and glass editorial for each window change. Knowledge of fonts and takes ownership for window signing and editorial concepts, sometimes aligning with companywide campaigns.
- Ability to learn the vinyl cutting machine program, weed and install.
- Ownership of the music production for exterior street speakers to coincide with window themes and supervises the timers.
- Knowledge of video equipment.
- Responsible for working with the external video wall tech team in troubleshooting when needed.
- Designs and develops visual equipment, fixtures, tech interactive initiatives in partnership with various internal partners.
- Frequent use of computers, technology, Sketchup and Adobe Suite programs.
- Creates detailed renderings for special projects, brand events, brand guidelines, and special windows.
- Responsible for following up with the carpenters and painters as well as writing work requisitions for the shop, electricians, window washers, security and shop partners as needed.
- Contributes to the development of visual collateral for visual instore concepts that coincide with the windows, and seasonal campaigns.
- Takes ownership of regularly updating the visual renderings for the windows.
- Partners with design leadership on special campaigns and product launches for the windows.
- Responsible for material/collateral, sourcing, quoting/bidding, and purchase orders.
- Ability to maintain a project budget and steps forward with solution when funds are exhausted.
- Actively participates alongside the window team on installations.
- Develops story boards and presents concepts/direction to leadership and store teams.
- Is agile and risk adverse.
- Assist the in-store customer as needed.
Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university
5+ years related experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Skilled in fostering a collaborative work environment and building meaningful relationships.
- Ability to read, write and interpret documents.
- Ability to manage projects and prioritize next steps with diverse peer and senior teams.
- Problem solving skills with ability to adapt to shifting priorities.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and as a team.
- Fluency and experienced in utilizing/directing the following: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat, Sketchup, Motion Graphics/ Video production. Music Production a plus. Knowledge of music media players for windows.
- Ability to drive projects with cross-functional teams and align multiple priorities with different teams at a fast pace
- Loves to keep a pulse on what is happening in NYC as well as globally with an attention to what is happening in the arts and current events.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment. Involves use of hands and fingers for typing on keyboard and using a mouse.
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around the store and windows/sidewalk.
- Window installations and de-installations.
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping, color vision and climbing ladders.
- Frequently lift/move up to 50lbs.
- Ability to use a hammer and portable power tools.
- Visit off site production shops as needed for special projects.