Assistant Planner Womenswear
- London, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 23 Feb 2023
- Entry Level / Assistant
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
This position will support all planning and forecasting, and analysis activities for their respective division within Burberry's global planning organisation. They will embody the Burberry values and contribute to a culture of innovation and collaboration.
They will be responsible for:
- Assisting with the coordination of Global Open to Buy for their respective division across both in-season trading and Pre Season Buy;
- Assisting with the delivery of Central Collection Open to Buy guidance and validation of Regional submissions of Collection Open to Buy in line with guidance;
- Assisting with commercial analysis in order to drive the business' sales, sell through and margin.
Global Open to Buy Process
- Assist the Global Planning Manager to drive the global Open to Buy process for the division across all product lines (seasonal, carry forward and replenishment), actualising against regional plans
- Assist the Global Planning Manager with assessment of in-season management decisions and potential inventory rebalances across regions
- Assist the Global Planning Manager with preparing commercial analyses to highlight missed opportunities and hindsight for future collection guidance / development
- Assist the Global Planning Manager with reviewing regional Replenishment sales forecasts and stock weeks of cover based on current trading and overlay adjustments if necessary
- Assist in the coordination of regular free stock drops (pre end state) to optimize both carry forward and replenishment inventory
Collection Open to Buy Guidance & Collection Development
- Assist the Global Planning Manager with preparing central Collection Open to Buy guidance
- Assist the Global Planning Manager with identifying and quantifying product category financial risks/opportunities based on collection development with Merchandising
- Assist the Global Planning Manager with raw material forecasting and commitment to support on-time delivery. Assist in the monitoring of raw materials excess management through suggestions regarding cut to clear and link to outlet.
- Assist the Global Planning Manager in the assessment of product threshold for re-order (carry forward) and replenishment status. Assist in the assessment of re-order quantities from regions
- Assist the Global Planning Manager with preparing unit forecast projections to aid capacity planning and vendor negotiations
- Assist the Global Planning Manager with preparing division and associated categories margin analyses for Margin Target setting
- Demonstrated experience in a planning role, assisting with the global Open to Buy process, collection Open to Buy guidance & collection development and margin planning
- Good communication skills, with the ability to build positive working relationships with cross-functional teams
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Experience with SAP would be advantageous
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || PRODUCT PLANNING || NO DEPARTMENT - FPT9035 || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert