At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.JOB PURPOSE
This position will support all planning and forecasting, and analysis activities for their respective division within Burberry's global planning organisation. They will embody the Burberry values and contribute to a culture of innovation and collaboration.
They will be responsible for:
RESPONSIBILITIESGlobal Open to Buy Process
- Assisting with the coordination of Global Open to Buy for their respective division across both in-season trading and Pre Season Buy;
- Assisting with the delivery of Central Collection Open to Buy guidance and validation of Regional submissions of Collection Open to Buy in line with guidance;
- Assisting with commercial analysis in order to drive the business' sales, sell through and margin.
Collection Open to Buy Guidance & Collection Development
- Assist the Global Planning Manager to drive the global Open to Buy process for the division across all product lines (seasonal, carry forward and replenishment), actualising against regional plans
- Assist the Global Planning Manager with assessment of in-season management decisions and potential inventory rebalances across regions
- Assist the Global Planning Manager with preparing commercial analyses to highlight missed opportunities and hindsight for future collection guidance / development
- Assist the Global Planning Manager with reviewing regional Replenishment sales forecasts and stock weeks of cover based on current trading and overlay adjustments if necessary
- Assist in the coordination of regular free stock drops (pre end state) to optimize both carry forward and replenishment inventory
- Assist the Global Planning Manager with preparing central Collection Open to Buy guidance
- Assist the Global Planning Manager with identifying and quantifying product category financial risks/opportunities based on collection development with Merchandising
- Assist the Global Planning Manager with raw material forecasting and commitment to support on-time delivery. Assist in the monitoring of raw materials excess management through suggestions regarding cut to clear and link to outlet.
- Assist the Global Planning Manager in the assessment of product threshold for re-order (carry forward) and replenishment status. Assist in the assessment of re-order quantities from regions
- Assist the Global Planning Manager with preparing unit forecast projections to aid capacity planning and vendor negotiations
- Assist the Global Planning Manager with preparing division and associated categories margin analyses for Margin Target setting
- Demonstrated experience in a planning role, assisting with the global Open to Buy process, collection Open to Buy guidance & collection development and margin planning
- Good communication skills, with the ability to build positive working relationships with cross-functional teams
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Experience with SAP would be advantageous
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || PRODUCT PLANNING || NO DEPARTMENT - FPT9036 || n/a ||