Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
Responsible for design and product oversight for Polo Men's Performance Outerwear. Responsible for market and product research, style specification and materials selection in line with product brief and brand category VLP as directed by team leads and merchandising leads. Provide market and trend research relative to area of expertise in design including functionality, materials, trim and animation. Responsible for product definition and communication of product attributes to cross functional partners of designated styles. Create designs within XD templates and maintain accurate digital folders of design boards. Sketch assigned styles with accurate and accessible digital files and folders. Approve proto for aesthetics and attend product fittings and partner with technical teams on garment fit and construction.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Research the market as it pertains to product, trim and graphic/ techniques. Create inspiration XD boards.
* In collaboration with the Concept Design team, receive direction, inspiration/rig from CD to prepare for seasonal kickoff
* Create CADs according to design briefs and line plans
* Create design XD boards for design presentation to design leadership
* Choose/provide development direction for fabrication, components, trims, graphic techniques.
* Choose graphics from Graphics team
* Create layouts for graphics
* Choose, finalize and hand-off prints
* Approve proto for aesthetics
* Attend required fittings and partner with technical teams on garment fits & adjustments.
* Ownership of red pipeline in PLM/ BOM
* Upload sketches on GFE for B2B and into seasonal design teams folders.
* Maintain and update all seasonal digital files and folders & internal library storage of raw material submissions.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Bachelor's Degree in Fashion Design or related field preferred.
* Related design experience, ideally within sports, street, activewear market. · Proficient in hand sketching and illustration. · Proven ability to create a design offering that captures the vision of creative direction and is aligned with commercial merchandising strategy. · Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented. · Strong verbal and written communication skills. · Ability to multi-task, problem solve and work well in a fast-paced environment. · Affinity and passion for the RL brand and performance outerwear category. · Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite · 3D Design proficiency (preferred) #LI-CE1