Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
Lead assorting process for Lauren US Wholesale Footwear & Accessories businesses. Drive product flow and strategy for future 12-18 months across Major Department Store and Specialty accounts. Help drive pricing alignment, remain focused on ensuring complex delivers on IMU targets while developing strategic and thoughtful category level plans. Remain informed on current in season selling to best inform future line needs and drive alignment with Global Merchandising and Design. Partner with key partners in Account Planning and Sales to ensure assortment strategies are sold into market.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Oversee and direct the development and assortments of all WHSL accounts across Footwear & Accessories
• Ensure Superseason planning deliverables are met at the season and category level for sales, margin and inventory
• Support and challenge team to develop strategies that align to short and long term goals and Brand priorities
• Drive cross functional alignment across Account Planning and Sales team leading up to all key market milestones
• Drive strong discipline around communication touch points with Brand Merchandising team, leverage strong analytical understanding of current business trends to inform future line needs
• Coordinate and help drive go to market activities to optimize sales opportunities
• Understand competitive landscape to ensure premium positioning of Lauren brand; utilize NPD data to capture market share In Season Business Process
• Responsible for maintaining robust understanding of current selling trends by account
• Partner with Corporate Merchandising to communicate current business trends
• Partner closely with counterparts across NA Lauren Buying & Planning teams to share best practices, learnings, and future development needs Talent Management
• Build a diverse, globally minded team through the development of strong performers, ready to take on more within the organization.
• Maintain a culture of inclusion and ensure all employees are respected, treated fairly, and rewarded based on merit. Demonstrate strong retention while delivering on objectives.
• Support the improvement of total Company engagement through actively participating in key initiatives: sustainability, recruitment, D&I, learning and development and engaging in discussions about career development. Process Leadership
• Partner closely with team leaders to align cross-functional objectives and best practices
• Coordinate efforts of direct reports to ensure consistency of work output
• Develop and maintain cross-divisional peer relationships
• Identify and communicate opportunities where management support is needed on initiatives and strategies
• Cultivate a collaborative, creative, results-oriented work environment
• Assume leadership role in change management.
• Lead, implement and adopt new processes
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
• Planning experience with experience managing a team. Additional Buying experience a plus. Wholesale planning experience a plus.
• Leather goods (Footwear/Handbags) experience a plus
• Strong analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; Ability to influence
• Adapts to change & models flexibility
• Ability to develop & maintain strong cross functional relationships
• Strong computer skills: advanced excel (pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.) required
• Self -motivated and organized
• Create a working environment that is conducive for psychological safety & embrace all voices