Specialist, Human Resources
- Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Closing date
- 15 Mar 2023
- Human Resources
Assisting the Manager, Human Resources to provide business partnership and HR expertise to the Retail business to ensure the development and effective implementation of HR programs and initiatives to support business & internal customer needs. To provide all rounded HR functions for the Retail Team encompassing recruitment, compensation & benefits, performance management, employee relations and any other HR related projects in achieving the success of the sales. In addition, there is some expectations of the role that it will provide corporate HR and administrative support on the ground.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Human Resources to...
Retail Staffing & Recruiting
- Recruit retail staff in an efficient and cost-effective manner while maintaining the organization's qualifications of hiring the best;
- Partner with the Multi-Managers for store staff and seasonal hiring, implement the established strategies to make as an employer of choice in Hong Kong & Macau;
- Directly build strong individual connection with the retail staff via store visit as well as engagement programs, to stay close and alert on field needs.
Retail Business Partner Support & Relationships
- Partner with the Multi-Managers to ensure the right level of staffing is achieved in stores;
- Understand the business practices, policies, roles and responsibilities, and people to ensure the HR team is connected and informed;
- Implement the established HR objectives each year with clear standards for timely and high quality deliverables;
- Foster relationships built on respect and trust to ensure HR has a respected voice;
- Assist in conducting corporate initiatives (e.g., employee engagement survey) and the analysis of key metrics (e.g., turnover);
- Support HR administration works such as on/off boarding administration, maintenance of personnel files and other ad-hoc tasks.
- Assist in the annual performance management in particular to Retail in Hong Kong & Macau;
- Partner with the Rewards team to ensure all deliverables are on time and in compliance with corporate standards.
Corporate HR Support
- Support corporate and employee engagement initiatives;
- Organize cross-functional/market projects and initiatives, e.g., staff activities, CSR programs, recognition programs and employer branding programs;
- Participate in global HR and ad-hoc projects.
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Bachelor's degree with minimum 2 years of HR/Recruitment experience, preferably in fashion, luxury, retail or FMCG industry;
- Familiar with Labor Ordinances in Hong Kong/Macau;
- Ability to interact with all levels of people;
- Good verbal and written communication skills; fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin;
- Highly organized and detail oriented, with the ability to independently manage priorities and multi-task;
- Creative problem solver, flexible, positive and with great teamwork spirit;
- Demonstrate confidence and ability to network and develop relationships;
- Good computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Courage : Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity : Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity : Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy : Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility : Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures
and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others : Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams : Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale
and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
A RICH HERITAGE
Coach was founded in 1941 as a family-run workshop. In a Manhattan loft, six artisans handcrafted a collection of leather goods using skills handed down from generation to generation. Discerning consumers soon began to seek out the quality and unique nature of Coach craftsmanship.
Now greatly expanded, Coach continues to maintain the highest standards for materials and workmanship. Coach’s exceptional workforce remains committed to carefully upholding the principles of quality and integrity that define the company. We attribute the prominence of the Coach brand to the unique combination of our original American attitude and design, our heritage of fine leather goods and custom fabrics, our superior product quality and durability, and our commitment to customer service.
CRAFTING THE FUTURE
Coach is a global leader in premium handbags and accessories. Building upon our strong brand and business equities, we are in the process of transforming from an international accessories business to a global lifestyle brand, anchored in accessories, presenting a clear and compelling expression of the Coach woman and man across all product categories, store environments and brand imagery. In addition, we are leveraging the global opportunity for Coach by raising brand awareness and building market share in markets where Coach is under-penetrated, through our directly operated businesses most notably in Asia and Europe.
10 Hudson Yards
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert