The Director of Central Talent Development is a strategic and tactical partner to the Sr. Director Talent Development and Performance, playing a key role in shaping and managing the learning and development approach, setting the framework for skill development and professional growth for all levels of the Central Organization to drive strategic business objectives. The Director of Central Talent Development is responsible for strategizing, creating, consulting with the business and implementing all elements of a robust and multifaceted learning strategy. They will demonstrate strong consultative, facilitation, relationship building, course development, interpersonal and influence skills, and will be effective at quickly establishing credibility and developing working relationships with others across Bloomingdale's. They are responsible for: assessing needs to drive development initiative and cultural evolution, identifying and facilitating robust development solutions while actively searching creatively designing and implementing effective methods to develop and enhance performance.
The Director of Central Talent Development is part of the Central HR team and will partner with the Central Senior Leadership, HR team.
. Essential Functions: Talent Development
- Create a learning and development strategy in partnership with Senior Leadership & HRBPs to close skill gaps contributing to the success of the organization, career growth, retention and succession planning
- Partner with Subject Matter Experts to design and implement training modules to drive employee performance both for new hires and ongoing talent development
- Build, deliver, evaluate, and edit, customized training content to support all roles and levels
- Use appropriate tools and delivery methods to produce blended learning materials promoting learning through self-study, practice, performance support, socialization, and knowledge-sharing
- Develop assessments that measure learner outcomes including productivity.
- Provide constructive, actionable feedback and coaching to business leadership to support ongoing development.
Essential Functions : Leadership Development Program
- Ownership or team participation in specific roll-outs, launches and programs. Blending partnership with Stakeholders to assess needs, creation of L&D strategy, development of curriculum, facilitation of Leadership workshops.
- Partner with the Specialist Learning & Leadership & College Recruitment team to develop the program strategies and managing all training aspects of all College Programs (LDP, Intern, Early Immersion)
- Develop content, facilitate, communicate all program components
- Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree in relevant field. Minimum 3-5 years leading teams and enterprise
- Initiatives. Retail Merchant and Learning & Development experience.
- Communication Skills: Excellent written & verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively present information clearly & concisely. Exceptional presentation and facilitation skills.
- Mathematical Skills: Strong analytical skills & business math competency.
- Reasoning Ability: Strong conceptual & creative thinker, multi-task, meets deadlines & prioritize.
- Other skills: Excellent leadership skills, able to set clear direction, develop performance and deliver high productivity.
- Strong team player, able to effectively develop & maintain collaborative partnerships with all levels within the company.
- Strong understanding of the retail business.
- Self-motivated & inspiring to others, with collaborative working style.
- Demonstrated passion & commitment to Diversity & Inclusion, inviting diverse perspectives, fostering an inclusive training environment and supporting workforce diversity.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Ability to work effectively with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
Work Hours: Full Time
This job description is not all inclusive.
In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Updated Date: 06/05/2019