About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms-is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.About the Role
The Head of Licensing is an instrumental role in the ideation, leadership, and growth of Licensing product for Gap Inc brands. In this position you will be accountable for leading the Licensing division and form a member of the senior leadership team.
You will have extensive experience launching and growing licensed products for global iconic brands and a proven record creating innovative growth strategies, with a strong passion for implementing processes to underpin them and drive efficient and asset light business models.
You must be a leader who thrives in a matrix organization with the drive and ability to partner with cross-functional teams across Gap Inc. and manage and external agencies and partners.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Accountable for leading the Licensing division from end to end, including product development, commercial operations, contracts, business strategy, compliance, marketing and agency management for Gap Inc's portfolio of brands
- Divisional P&L ownership and budget management for Licensing
- Accountible for leading and implementing the Licensing strategy and team during a time of large scale growth; assessing market opportunities, approving commercial terms, relevant territories, liquidation strategies, distribution, margin and navigating agreements existing global franchise relationships and domestic wholly own vertical retail brands
- Develop licensing reports for Gap Inc. executive teams inclusive of financials, products selling information, category opportunities and marketing activations for all licensed categories and partnerships
- Lead the master licensing summary & internal Hub communications inclusive of partners, royalties, distribution, legal, trademark, renewals, financials and compliance approvals
- Approve all licensing brand marketing materials and placements, liaising with Gap Inc brand marketing teams as needed and communicate plans to cross functional teams, ensuring a cohesive life style brand approach
- Partner with global sustainability on vendor compliance, trademark and legal teams on contract regarding all licensed product categories
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Previous experience leading a in Licensing business/division
- 10+ years progressive leadership experience, leading high performing teams in complex matrix organization models
- Excellent oral & written communication skills, with the ability to interface with and influence all levels of management, with advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Proven ability to lead and work cross-functionally in a high energy, fast paced, small but mighty business unit
- Sales and analytics experience
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at once
- Drive and implement process to drive efficiencies
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Salary Range: $245,500 - $337,600 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.US Candidates
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.