We believe that difference sparks brilliance, so we welcome people and ideas from everywhere to join us in stretching what's possible.
At Tapestry, being true to yourself is core to who we are. When each of us brings our individuality to our collective ambition, our creativity is unleashed. This global house of brands - Coach, Kate Spade New York, Stuart Weitzman - was built by unconventional entrepreneurs and unexpected solutions, so when we say we believe in dreams, we mean we believe in making them happen. We're always on a journey to becoming our best, but you can count on this: Here, your voice is valued, your ambitions are supported, and your work is recognized.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Job Title:
Human Resources - Manager, Employee Relations Primary Purpose:
As part of our North America Employee Relations (ER) team, the Employee Relations Manager oversees and manages the successful resolution of ER issues and provides consulting to business partners and HR. The role collaborates cross-functionally when completing investigations and supports the accommodation process.
The role reports to the Sr. Director of Employee Relations, is based in the U.S. and will work remotely, with infrequent (e.g. quarterly) in-person work at the Company's NY corporate office and 10% travel. The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Employee Relations to...
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Resolve sensitive/escalated ER issues and investigations (i.e., claims/concerns of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and workplace violence). Complete investigations and conduct fact finding including in-person or telephone interviews of parties involved. Provide written investigative reports, and implement action steps.
- Review and assign HR related Ethic Hotline reports, track open cases, enter self-reported cases & maintain database.
- Contribute to formal responses to outside agencies. Follow-up with stakeholders and decision makers on remedial action and preventative efforts.
- Support accommodation process for health or religious reasons. Respond and document accommodation inquiries and accommodation interactive process. Provide consultation about accommodation options and identities cases for follow-up and/or to be escalated for further dialogue or partnership.
- Develop HR Business Partner/Specialist and People Managers ER skills.
- Complete ER trend analysis and trend reporting.
- Monitor external trends, research best practices and provide recommendations to leadership and cross functional partners.
- Guide and assist in response to natural disasters, emergencies and critical incidents including employees at risk (domestic violence and suicidal ideations).
- Provide severance policy and program oversight and administration. Prepare severance agreements, and be point of contact for payroll, benefit & outplacement. Play key role in RIF/Group Layoff - support of departure phase.
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years' experience in Human Resources, Employee Relations, HR Analyst, or Investigative field
- Corporate and retail industry experience preferred
- Skill and aptitude in completing investigations and preparing reports and summaries
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate with stakeholders on all levels, including Senior Management
- Knowledge of employee relations, legal guidelines and compliance regulations
- Consultation and coaching skills
- Proven decision-making ability
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and utilize resources when needed
- Available to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the retail clients across various time zones (including handling critical calls if needed when retail stores are open weeknights and weekends)
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others: Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale
and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. #LI-KS1 #LI-REMOTE Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http://www.tapestry.com/ BASE PAY RANGE $90,000 TO $100,000ANNUALLY
Click Here - U.S. Benefits Summary