We believe that difference sparks brilliance, so we welcome people and ideas from everywhere to join us in stretching what's possible.
At Tapestry, being true to yourself is core to who we are. When each of us brings our individuality to our collective ambition, our creativity is unleashed. This global house of brands - Coach, Kate Spade New York, Stuart Weitzman - was built by unconventional entrepreneurs and unexpected solutions, so when we say we believe in dreams, we mean we believe in making them happen. We're always on a journey to becoming our best, but you can count on this: Here, your voice is valued, your ambitions are supported, and your work is recognized.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Primary Purpose:
Reporting to the Treasury Director Shanghai, the Treasury Manager be based in Singapore will be responsible for reviewing and approving the execution of treasury operations covering Asia and Europe retail entities and supporting FX balance sheet hedging program. This person will also provide analytical support to the Director of Treasury about funding requirements at various legal entities. The ideal candidate will possess excellent analytical and excel skills and in-depth understanding of financial statement analysis. In addition, the ability to think strategically, develop effective business partner relationships and seek opportunities for continuous improvement is highly preferred. The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in finance to:
Liquidity Management (Asia and Europe Retail)
- Manage and approve daily cash positioning, wire payments and internal funding
- Manage short-term liquidity forecast, adjusting based on cash flow trends and variances
- Preparation and evaluation of quarterly and annual financial models, including 3-statement model for Asia and Europe Retail legal entities
- Prepare period-end cash flow variance report (actual versus forecast) for Retail subsidiaries
- Monitor cash balances and review cash management and investments reports to make recommendations with respect to use of excess cash
- Prepare month-end, quarter-end, year-end cash reporting and supporting documents as required for internal and external audits
- Manage new bank account opening and closing and manage ongoing KYC requirements as requested by banks
- Review and process new/amended letter of credit and bank guarantee requests from European subsidiaries
- Review bank charges for Retail subsidiaries and prepare period-end fee reports
- Continuously look to enhance reporting and analysis that is shared with senior management and the regional teams by evaluating data, system capabilities and organizational need to determine where the most value can be added
Financial and Insurance Risk Management Operations
- Support month end and quarter end reporting of FX balance sheet exposure
- Manage settlement of intercompany FX hedges and spot purchases, as required
- Analyze balance sheet exposure data and make recommendation for execution of hedges
- Maintain FX exposure tool to ensure static date is up to date and data is reporting as expected
- Identify opportunities for business process efficiency improvements and lead execution of recommendations
- Assist with strategy development and implementation of China and Europe cash pooling structure
- Perform special projects and ad-hoc financial analysis as necessary, including acquisition integration as appropriate
- Manage and maintain complex financial models (cashflow and balance sheet)
Our Competencies for All Employees
- 5+ years of finance experience in Treasury, FP&A or similar function
- Exceptional analytical and excel skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational capabilities
- In-depth knowledge of financial statement analysis
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well in a team, perform in a dynamic fast paced environment and interact with associates at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize projects and responsibilities to meet deadlines
- High degree of initiative and personal responsibility to anticipate issues, find solutions, and drive resolution proactively
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others: Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale
and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http://www.tapestry.com/