The Market Vice President, in accordance with Tiffany & Company's global vision and strategy, will have responsibility of the retail business and functional/market team, achieving commercial targets and leading the Company's strategy to manage and grow the retail business. Key elements of the role will include achieving commercial target, creating a culture of clientelling and elevating the retail business. The Market Vice President must provide business acumen and leadership capability to inspire the teams and elevate the brand. S/he will be a visionary who understands how to maximize sales and leverage client development opportunities throughout the region. S/he must be able to think strategically while also being hands-on in overseeing the day-to-day execution of the agreed upon strategy with a focus on clients, people and brand desirability. S/he will be an inclusive leader who is open and approachable and will work with both the zone team and the local teams in a transparent, united and mutually supportive manner. MVP must model and champion our core belief; People Make the Difference and our values; Be Creative & Innovative, Deliver Excellence and Cultivate an Entrepreneurial Spirit.
S/he must understand luxury and serve as an inclusive and passionate leader in shaping the future of the business and client experience while creating a dynamic organization that develops the team, the clients and drives an exceptional client experience.
Key Accountabilities: Strategy
- Achieve commercial target and growth within the framework of Client centricity, people centricity and brand desirability.
- Work closely with Zone leadership team to promote the company's vision and align with the market.
- Analyze and assess the changing client demographics and desires to identify future growth opportunities throughout the local markets including both local and tourism markets.
- Bring a truly innovative approach to the current business strategy to develop our client base and elevate our brand desirability.
- Achieve sales growth and commercial targets, and drive client development.
- Drive business through key product pillars.
- Demonstrate sales leadership by playing an active role with the teams and managing top client relationships.
- Ensure Tiffany client experience expectations are being delivered on, at all times.
- Take action on NPS and client feedback to improve client experience .
- Ensure exceptional operational support to drive sales and service.
- Ensure efficient back of house and consistency with established operational procedures. Identify and execute efficiencies and best practices.
- Ensure compliance with all internal control procedures.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with the store, regional and Zone teams, and key clients through strong interpersonal skills and a hands-on, market-oriented approach.
- Elevate, attract and hire top diverse talent to ensure a winning team and create a best in class selling & service organization.
- Continuously train, coach, develop and provide qualitative feedback, to store directors and functional team, utilizing reward and recognition as well as performance management process to improve team engagement and performance.
- Executive with 10 + years of experience in luxury/ consumer goods business management.
- Recent business unit or general management experience.
- Knowledge and experience of luxury/consumer goods including jewelry, apparel, accessories or cosmetics.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- A belief in and an understanding of luxury branded products.
- Previous successful experience working within a subsidiary.
- A demonstrated track record of success in leading and inspiring retail teams to maximize sales, operating efficiencies, and bottom-line profit.
- Strong leader with the ability to assess, attract and develop top diverse talent.
- Strong conceptual thinker with a pragmatic approach to driving day-to-day operations.
- A strong problem solver with an ability to make decisions or drive decision-making.
- Client-centric with an ability to drive a unique and consistent client luxury shopping experience in all stores.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Proven ability to develop new client opportunities and maintain client relationships while ensuring brand recognition and penetration in market.
- Fluent in English.