NEIMAN MARCUS GROUP
Neiman Marcus Group (NMG) has been the premier destination for luxury fashion and goods, superior service, and an elevated retail experience for more than a century. Today, 9,000 associates contribute to the success of NMG's brands: Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Last Call, and Horchow. There are 38 full-line Neiman Marcus stores in cosmopolitan markets across the United States and a sophisticated digital platform that attracts shoppers worldwide. Bergdorf Goodman operates two stores in landmark locations on Fifth Avenue in New York City and BergdorfGoodman.com, catering to loyal luxury customers globally. NMG also owns five Last Call stores and Horchow.com, an e-commerce site that offers premium furniture and home decor.
As an organization, NMG is on a transformational journey to become the preeminent luxury customer platform. NMG continues to deliver the best integrated customer experience and has evolved the business to succeed in the ever-changing retail landscape. NMG is a relationship business. What differentiates the organization from other luxury retailers are its unique assets: a strong store footprint, the most knowledgeable associates, an engaging online experience, solid brand partnerships, innovative digital and in-store experiences, the most loyal luxury customer base, and a strong balance sheet.
Our customers will always be at the center of everything NMG does. The company continues to reinvest in new technologies that enhance the customer experience. NMG meets customers where they are. NMG's goal is to offer customers a seamless experience across its stores, online, and remote digital selling.
NMG's priority is to develop a highly engaged and high-performing team where everyone belongs. The business attracts and retains best-in-class talent through unique offerings provided to associates in addition to standard employer benefits. These include an innovative way of working, associate discounts on merchandise, tuition reimbursement, associate hardship fund, and paid time off to volunteer, to name a few.
As part of NMG's Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) work, the organization is focused on driving its core value of being "All Heart." NMG is also assessing its current environmental and social impact while developing a three-year plan to lead the luxury industry in its commitment and transparency to environmental and social sustainability. NMG strives to become an employer of choice, driven by a culture of Belonging. A dedicated team focuses on this journey, directly impacting how NMG conducts business throughout the workforce, workplace, and marketplace dimensions.
NMG has incredibly passionate and committed corporate and store associates. NMG offers associates an environment where everyone feels welcomed, nurtured, and empowered. Our associates are the heart of NMG. As an organization, NMG leads with love - love for customers, love for associates, and love for brand partners. Job Summary
The Senior Analyst - Indirect Tax Audits is responsible for the completion of all sales and use tax audits and reviewing purchase transactions for use tax accruals. This position reports directly to the Director - Sales and Use Tax. Key Performance Elements
- Completion of all sales and use tax audits. This includes preparing and providing sales, fixed asset and expense data in response to information requests, preparing schedules for auditor review, researching taxability issues, and responding to auditor questions.
- Corresponding with state taxing authorities regarding audit status, statute waivers and drafting appeals, as needed.
- Analyzing and evaluating audit exposure and providing recommendations to mitigate.
Ideal Candidate Attributes
- Assisting in tax planning and reserve activity.
- Working with outside consultants on audit issues, as needed.
- Performing a monthly review of fixed asset and expense purchases and preparing monthly use tax accruals.
- Providing support documentation to outside consultants for Enterprise Zone projects.
- Other duties as assigned such as assisting with special projects, compliance or property tax as needed.
- Keeping current on new sales and use tax legislation that may impact the company.
- Conduct multistate tax research, understand relevant issues, and provide analysis with well thought out responses to obtain resolution.
- Stay current with tax laws and monitor legislation that could impact the company.
- Maintain internal controls as required by Sarbanes Oxley.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and the flexibility to perform multiple, concurrent tasks
- Ability to work effectively in a deadline-oriented environment
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum five years of indirect tax experience, including extensive audit defense experience in multiple states
- Strong tax research and analytical skills
- Experience with tax software such as Vertex Indirect Tax Returns and Vertex O Series is preferred
- Experience with ERP systems such as Oracle is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Teams, Excel and Access