Fashion Nova is an inclusive fashion-forward and trend-driven apparel and lifestyle brand that celebrates all dimensions of confidence. We use our platform to spread positivity with brands for women, men, curve, luxe, sport, swim, beauty, and kids. We are obsessed with creating the best experience available for our customers and employees.
Fashion Nova was built on the backbone of individuality and inclusiveness. Our brands are worn and celebrated worldwide by customers, celebrities, and influencers because of our uniquely creative and talented employees. ROLE OVERVIEW
The Manager, Merchandise will be responsible for analyzing and forecasting product demand and revenue streams, developing and owning strategies and financial plans. You must be strong in understanding our core demographic, while forming strong relationships with buying to own the Open-to-Buy (OTB) process. You will lead, direct, and set guidelines with key members of finance, buying, analytics and marketing to deliver profitable growth. Participates in the development and execution of Merchandise plans, including sales, planning, forecasting, product buys, sell thru and promotion planning.
Successful individuals will have strong and demonstrable eCommerce merchandise experience in fashion, possess strong analytical skills, exude creative problem solving, and be able to keep pace with an environment that changes daily.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze selling weekly, digging into the business to identify risks and opportunities.
- Continuously monitor OTB.
- Review reorder list each week to find opportunities for new colors/prints to be added and to identify and maximize new trends that are selling.
- Mentor buyers in vendor relations, attending all vendor meetings to help strengthen their negotiation skills and teach them how to maximize our vendor base.
- Ensure buyers are reacting quickly to best and worst sellers and responding to vendors asap.
- Organize and present your areas' big ideas on orders so all cross functional teams are aware of key incoming trends.
- Attend and participate in weekly marketing meetings, voicing needs for your categories.
- Coordinate sample collection and hand off for weekly photoshoots.
- Review and approve all extension requests, prices, and colors including lab dip approvals and fabric confirmations for your areas.
- Approve TOPs and resolve all QC issues for your categories.
- Guide fittings, keeping comments focused on major selling points only in order to maintain fastest delivery.
- Cover the area when the Category Director is unavailable, functioning as their back up.
- Must stay up to date and be well-versed in your categories' competitive landscape.
- Strategically scout and evaluate new vendors to support business needs.
- Six years of experience in buying, merchandising and or analytical roles is mandatory
- Three plus years of managing and mentoring a team of direct reports
- Proven experience with Inventory Control, Allocation, Merchandising, Demand Forecasting, Financial Planning or Analysis
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent analytical skills and strong aptitude with numbers
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage workload and time effectively
- Flexibility and ability to shift priorities as needed
- BA|BS Degree in Finance, Business or any relevant competency
- English, additional language(s) an advantage
- Schedule of this position: Monday - Friday | Core business hours | Onsite
- Formalized career paths
- Flat management platform
- Manager Training Academy
- Creative Development Internship Program
- Fashion Nova Cares Program
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401k match, with immediate vesting upon eligibility
- Stocked kitchens with gratis snacks and drinks
- Weekly catered lunches
- Summer Fridays at Headquarters
- Team bonding events and programs
- Employee discounts
Fashion Nova, LLC, and subsidiaries thereof, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are steadfast in our commitment to equal employment opportunities and pledge that these objectives are reflected in all aspects of our daily operations. We will continue to recruit, hire, train, and advance in employment qualified individuals in all job titles without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, criminal history, or status as an individual with a disability; and shall not discriminate against any individual, any such characteristic, nor any other classification protected by local, state and|or federal law. NOTICE AT COLLECTION