Coach is a global fashion house founded in New York in 1941. Inspired by the vision of Creative Director Stuart Vevers and the inclusive and courageous spirit of our hometown, we make beautiful things, crafted to last-for you to be yourself in.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands committed to stretching what's possible. Primary Purpose:
At Coach, we believe better-made things can help create a better-made future-and this starts with how we design, craft, and develop our products. Though we've always prided ourselves on using high quality materials and designing product crafted to last, we know we must go further and build a more circular future for fashion. With this responsibility in mind, we are launching a new initiative, Coachtopia, which is focused on end-to-end circularity with an innovative business model that reimagines product "end of life" and Coach's impact on the environment.
TheSenior Director, Operations & Project Management will report into the SVP, Global Marketing, Creative and Sustainability and partner closely to drive and achieve initiative goals. This role oversees product development and production across Leather Goods, Ready to Wear and Footwear, material innovation and development, trade and compliance, legal and project management. This critical leader will drive a transformative approach to product development and go to market processes, leading the teams to rethink and challenge existing processes (e.g., designing backwards, working differently with suppliers, sourcing new suppliers that align with the vision and business objectives). The Senior Director will ensure strong cross-functional and agile collaboration across teams to continually advance the circularity goals while meeting business deadlines. The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in operations, sourcing, product development and production to... Product Development, Production and Material Innovation
- Support SVP in executing the vision, objectives, and strategies-driving towards our north star vision and challenging teams to rethink the possible while infusing the ambitious realism required
- Manage end-to-end product development and production across leather goods, ready-to-wear and footwear, engaging Design, Merchandising and Sustainability teams as well as suppliers and Tapestry supply chain partners as needed to realize design intent, continually advance circularity goals, and achieve target margins
- Drive continuous improvement in more agile product development processes and timelines that incorporates systems-based design/prototyping processes and consumer feedback while accelerating speed to market
- Push forward on circularity objectives while identifying and problem-solving potential manufacturing and/or quality issues
- Support the investigation and development of new suppliers and partners
- Support innovation in new approaches to going to market, with sharp lens on opportunities to be closer to customers and demand
- Collaborate with Sustainability/Circularity R&D teams to prototype and develop new construction methods that realize circularity ambitions, to ensure rigorous circular product standards are met, and to continually reduce carbon footprint of product collections
- In partnership with Director of Materials direct report, identify and prioritize short, medium, and long-term sustainable material innovation opportunities-and assess priority based on consumer needs, commercial business opportunity and scalable environmental impact
Culture and Organization
- Develop overall project roadmap, timelines, and milestones
- Drive, with support of Project Manager direct report, day-to-day initiatives to ensure effective sprint planning/cycles, backlog prioritization, continuous improvement, customer feedback loops, and timely "releases" that deliver incremental business value through the product lifecycle
- Ensure alignment and buy-in around evolving strategies along with effective resource negotiation and management: people, tools, working environment and change management initiatives
- Identify and eliminate operational bottlenecks, anticipate, and make trade-offs, and balance business needs versus constraints
- Support team in adapting to change while managing to iterative timelines and incremental milestones
- Supercharge cross-functional decision-making process with tools and processes to improve ways of working
- Manage project operating budget
- Together with SVP and leadership team, accountable for financial, customer, and sustainability objectives
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Work in agile methodology with a focus on empowered, self-organizing teams, an iterative approach that allows for rapid experimentation with continuous feedback loops in short time-boxed sprints, and mindful adaptiveness to change
- "Think outside the box," breaking from traditional operations practices when needed and demonstrating ability to challenge the status quo and drive a cradle-to-cradle circular mindset
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum 8-10 years' work experience in accessories, apparel, footwear, or adjacent consumer goods industry
- Proven experience in a growth or strategic focused role
- Experience in business development, product development and operations
- Track record of successfully overseeing product development and production and bringing to market sustainable products, ideally in retail or consumer products industries
- Sharp business acumen, strategic thinking, and analytical skills; proven ability to deliver on program KPIs and ROI goals and experience of P&L ownership
- Exceptional project management and organization skills with ability to prioritize time and tasks and solve problems/remove obstacles to drive execution
- Demonstrated ability to leverage real-time customer insight and analysis to drive customer-centric outcomes/innovation
- Clear communication skills and the ability break complex topics into easy-to-understand and actionable pieces of information across all levels of the business
- Strong self-starter with action-oriented drive without losing sight of the big picture; excels in fast-paced, start-up type environments with rapidly changing priorities
- Good networking and relationship building skills to foster collaboration and communication with stakeholders at all levels
- Excited to work closely and collaboratively with a small but mighty team
- Passion about sustainability with understanding of circular business models
- Ability to collaborate with diverse stakeholder groups across geographies and cultures
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others:Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong moraleand spirit in theirteam; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. #LI-KS1 #LI-HYBRID Visit Coach at www.coach.com. BASE PAY RANGE $174,720 TO $218,400 ANNUALLY
Click Here - U.S. Benefits Summary