With approximately 1,300 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S., as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team of nearly 16,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence. POSITION OBJECTIVE:
This position is primarily responsible for providing audit services with specific accountability for 1) assisting Internal Audit leadership in performing financial, operational, and compliance internal audits and special projects as assigned, 2) evaluating outcomes and providing recommendations based on internal audit observations, and 3) assisting in the Sarbanes-Oxley compliance program including documenting, testing, and evaluating internal controls. Audit execution will include control reviews and analysis using financial, compliance, operational, and system auditing skills. Position will work under limited supervision with moderate latitude for initiative and independent judgment. FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing test steps, reviewing, and analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures, in accordance with IIA Professional Standards.
- Assists with analyzing audit results and identifies real or potential loss exposures. Recommends procedural enhancements to increase or improve effectiveness and efficiency of the Company's internal control system and mitigate risk.
- Assists with the preparation of audit reports for presentation to department heads and Senior Management,
- Assists with the identification and evaluation of the Company's audit risk areas and provide input into the development of the annual internal audit plan.
- Performs and documents required independent testing of key controls and identify control gaps related to Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Performs related work as assigned by audit management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 0-2 years of public accounting experience or comparable private industry audit experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation preferred
- Strong understanding of internal auditing and accounting principles and practices
- Skills in effective verbal and written communications including active listening skills and ability to effectively present findings and recommendations
- Excellent computer skills including spreadsheet, word processing, and presentation program
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with coworkers, staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment
Chico's FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.