Auditor, Internal Staff - 11215 Metro Pkwy
This position is primarily responsible for providing audit services with specific accountability for 1) assisting Internal Audit leadership in performing financial, operational, and compliance internal audits and special projects as assigned, 2) evaluating outcomes and providing recommendations based on internal audit observations, and 3) assisting in the Sarbanes-Oxley compliance program including documenting, testing, and evaluating internal controls. Audit execution will include control reviews and analysis using financial, compliance, operational, and system auditing skills. Position will work under limited supervision with moderate latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
- Performs audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing test steps, reviewing, and analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures, in accordance with IIA Professional Standards.
- Assists with analyzing audit results and identifies real or potential loss exposures. Recommends procedural enhancements to increase or improve effectiveness and efficiency of the Company's internal control system and mitigate risk.
- Assists with the preparation of audit reports for presentation to department heads and Senior Management,
- Assists with the identification and evaluation of the Company's audit risk areas and provide input into the development of the annual internal audit plan.
- Performs and documents required independent testing of key controls and identify control gaps related to Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Performs related work as assigned by audit management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 0-2 years of public accounting experience or comparable private industry audit experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation preferred
- Strong understanding of internal auditing and accounting principles and practices
- Skills in effective verbal and written communications including active listening skills and ability to effectively present findings and recommendations
- Excellent computer skills including spreadsheet, word processing, and presentation program
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with coworkers, staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment
Chico's FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
Chico’s was founded in 1983 as a small boutique selling Mexican folk art on Sanibel Island, Florida. The Founders discovered the sweater, pivoted the business and fashion was never the same. The rich colors and prints, unique artisanal details, stylish solutions, and amazing personal service made a lasting connection with customers. Our corporate headquarters is located in Fort Myers, Florida supporting our family of brands: Chico's, White House Black Market and Soma Intimates. We offer a variety of amenities and benefits onsite as well as a strong company culture. It's our passion to inspire and empower one another and give back to the communities in which we live and work. Providing Most Amazing Personal Service to our customers, our communities, and each other makes Chico's FAS, Inc. an amazing place to work, learn and grow.
11215 Metro Parkway
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert