SEO Content Editor (White House Black Market) - NYC location - 11215 Metro Pkwy
- White House Black Market
- Fort Myers, Florida, United States
- Closing date
- 24 Apr 2023
This position is responsible for telling compelling online product descriptions and blog posts speaking to both features and benefits in an informative, accurate, engaging way that is always customer-centric and follows SEO best practices.
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Writes all online product copy which includes naming products, writing descriptions, tracking Merchant changes, loading copy (if applicable onto web development server), proofing, and making updates using SEO guidelines.
- Contributes weekly articles to brand blogs, utilizing SEO best practices.
- Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar, formatting, clarity, accuracy of detail and consistency of style.
- Works with digital team to push accurate copy live and keep it updated based on current customer feedback and trends.
- Assists and partners with cross functional teams to make sure all key product elements, marketing points and SEO optimizations are represented in product descriptions.
- Adheres to production schedule deadlines, is aware of release schedule and devotes time necessary to meet those deadlines.
- Attends sample summits and style outs to ensure all product details are captured in copy.
- Manages copy schedule and copy summits with merchants and design to establish key features & benefits.
- Knows and understands SEO guidelines to optimize all organic content for maximum ranking.
- Partners with digital site and marketing teams to report back on SEO performance, be an active participant in moving the needle forward.
- Manages copy updates in our web commerce business system.
This position may be found in multiple departments. Some duties may vary from department to department.
- BA/BS degreein Communications, English, or Marketing preferred
- 3+ years working with online content, product copy, editing and SEO writing
- MAC proficiency including Adobe Suites and Microsoft Office and can easily adapt to content management systems
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Strong time management, interpersonal skills and the ability to multitask
- Understanding of fashion, fit, fabrication and trends
- Strong command of grammar and sentence construction and ability to self-edit and proof
- Ability to quickly change gears and tasks and stay organized, setting own pace to manage and meet deadlines
- Positive team player
- Experience with product copy, writing and editing web content, blog articles and SEO best practices
- Proven ability to write clear, direct copy
- Experience with content management systems
Chico's FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
White House Black Market began in 1985, dressing women in black and white, the absolute expression of chic sophistication. Acquired by Chico’s FAS in 2003, White House Black Market fashions have expanded to include the full color spectrum. Designed exclusively in-house, White House Black Market styles focus on flattering fits, refined fabrics and designer details with a modern, feminine edge. Trusted, personalized service sets White House Black Market apart and more than 3,000 stylist associates are available for wardrobing assistance at more than 350 boutiques and outlets across North America. Around-the-clock shopping and styling inspiration can be found at whbm.com. Our corporate headquarters is located in Fort Myers, Florida. We offer a variety of amenities and benefits onsite as well as a strong company culture. It's our passion to inspire and empower one another and give back to the communities in which we live and work. Providing Most Amazing Personal Service to our customers, our communities, and each other makes Chico's FAS, Inc. an amazing place to work, learn and grow.
11215 Metro Parkway
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert