With approximately 1,300 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S., as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team of nearly 16,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence. POSITION OBJECTIVE:
This position is responsible for telling compelling online product descriptions and blog posts speaking to both features and benefits in an informative, accurate, engaging way that is always customer-centric and follows SEO best practices. FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
This position may be found in multiple departments. Some duties may vary from department to department. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Writes all online product copy which includes naming products, writing descriptions, tracking Merchant changes, loading copy (if applicable onto web development server), proofing, and making updates using SEO guidelines.
- Contributes weekly articles to brand blogs, utilizing SEO best practices.
- Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar, formatting, clarity, accuracy of detail and consistency of style.
- Works with digital team to push accurate copy live and keep it updated based on current customer feedback and trends.
- Assists and partners with cross functional teams to make sure all key product elements, marketing points and SEO optimizations are represented in product descriptions.
- Adheres to production schedule deadlines, is aware of release schedule and devotes time necessary to meet those deadlines.
- Attends sample summits and style outs to ensure all product details are captured in copy.
- Manages copy schedule and copy summits with merchants and design to establish key features & benefits.
- Knows and understands SEO guidelines to optimize all organic content for maximum ranking.
- Partners with digital site and marketing teams to report back on SEO performance, be an active participant in moving the needle forward.
- Manages copy updates in our web commerce business system.
- BA/BS degreein Communications, English, or Marketing preferred
- 3+ years working with online content, product copy, editing and SEO writing
- MAC proficiency including Adobe Suites and Microsoft Office and can easily adapt to content management systems
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Strong time management, interpersonal skills and the ability to multitask
- Understanding of fashion, fit, fabrication and trends
- Strong command of grammar and sentence construction and ability to self-edit and proof
- Ability to quickly change gears and tasks and stay organized, setting own pace to manage and meet deadlines
- Positive team player
- Experience with product copy, writing and editing web content, blog articles and SEO best practices
- Proven ability to write clear, direct copy
- Experience with content management systems
Chico's FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.