Vestiaire Collective is an international marketplace specialized in second-hand fashion and luxury.
Our mission is to transform the fashion industry for a more sustainable future by enabling our community to promote circularity in fashion.
Vestiaire Collective was founded in 2009, its headquarters are in Paris and its international presence, with offices in London, Berlin, New York, Singapore and Hong Kong as well as warehouses in Tourcoing (France), Crawley (UK), Hong Kong and New York.
We are currently a team of 800 people with more than 50 nationalities! Our values are community, activism, transparency, commitment and excellence.
We are proud to be BCorp.
AUTHENTICATOR ASSOCIATE / F/M/D
Vestiaire Collective is currently looking for an AUTHENTICATOR ASSOCIATE, to ensure the authentication of the products received (leather goods, ready to wear, jewelry, watches, accessories ...) upstream of their quality control. They guarantee the origin of the products present in the catalog thanks to the controls they carry out and their product expertise.
This permanent and full-time position is based in Crawley and reports to the Team Leader.
What you do
● Ensure all the necessary controls in compliance with the Vestiaire Collective specifications to determinate the authenticity of a product
● Accurately identify the technical elements of the product to control its traceability and integrity (manufacturing materials, fastenings, serial numbers, hallmarks, creator, dating, collection, material ...)
● Analyze and identify the potential transformation actions that the product could have undergone and that could have an impact on the transaction (e.g. modification of the handle, the lining ...)
● Provide all the necessary comments to the product sheet to ensure compliance of the description, make the transaction more reliable or avoid customer returns
● Intervene as a trusted third party between the buyer and the seller in case of doubt about the origin of a product
● Ensure the interface between the different services according to the needs (customer relations, logistics, quality control, Customer ...)
● Ensure a permanent watch to update its technical knowledge (trends, Houses, collections, fashion shows ...) and share it with the team
● Carry out ad hoc research on products that require it by all tools at your disposal (sites @ brands, internal supports ...)
● Participate in feeding the Vestiaire Academy and train new recruits
Who you are
● Coming from a specialized Training In Fashion-Luxury you have a first experience that allowed you to "touch" the product (e.g. design, auctions, store / designer, crafts)
● You have a strong sensitivity product, materials, an "eye"
● You have a knowledge of fashion and luxury: actors, history, materials
● You have a strong interest, which you maintain, for Fashion including vintage, jewelry and accessories (second hand, a plus)
● Versatility is an essential quality to support us in our development and the constant evolution of our processes
● You speak and write English (basics of technical fashion vocabulary)
Know how to be :
● You are passionate, curious, meticulous
● You are methodical and rigorous
● You are customer-oriented
● You have an affinity for products
● Team spirit
What we offer you
A work with meaning and impact in the consumption patterns of a more sustainable mode.
Initial training provided internally in the Crawley warehouse by our experts and continuous training throughout your career at Vestiaire
The opportunity to grow in a growing scale up
Be part of a global company with more than 50 nationalities!
2 days offered to help a Project and thus allow you to get involved as a volunteer for associations.
A solid development and training program!
Vestiaire Collective is an equal opportunities employer