Reporting to the Center for Continuing and Professional Studies Executive Director, the CCPS Department Coordinator provides a broad range of organizational and administrative support to the Executive Director and to the CCPS team (which includes Precollege, Adult Learners, grants, contract programs, marketing, finance, etc.). The position employs strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail in prioritizing and completing tasks. This individual will manage the Executive Director's calendar while also coordinating the department's staff and operational meetings, vacation schedules, and office hours. For meetings, the tasks include the coordination and distribution of all meeting materials.
Establishes and maintains files for accurate file management and record-keeping for the department. Orders the department's office and general instructional supplies for courses and events. Submits and tracks the department's equipment/facilities lists and facility work orders.
As part of the CCPS team, this individual will serve as the primary receptionist for the CCPS suite by delivering a high level of customer service for walk-ins, emails, and website inquiries. It is important that this staff member employs impeccable judgment and discretion in dealing with issues that pertain to sensitive data and confidentiality. Provide assistance in all aspects of planning and logistics for CCPS events, both in-person and virtual.
Because the department services students on evenings and weekends, there will be a possibility of working an evening and or a weekend based on the needs of the department.
- Provide a broad range of organizational and administrative support to the Executive Director and to the CCPS team .
- Manage the Executive Director's calendar while also coordinating the department's staff and operational meetings, vacation schedules, and office hours. For meetings, the tasks include the coordination and distribution of all meeting materials.
- Serve as the primary receptionist for the CCPS suite by delivering a high level of customer service for walk-ins, emails, and website inquiries.
- Input all non-credit courses into Banner and Destiny, new and established.
- Establish and maintain files for accurate file management and recordkeeping.
- Maintain and order the department's office and general instructional supplies for courses and events.
- Submit and track the department's equipment/facilities lists and facilities work orders.
- Provide assistance in all aspects of planning and logistics for CCPS events, both in-person and virtual.
- Manage online events using various platforms. Tasks could include developing correspondence, maintaining guest lists, etc.
- This individual will maintain data necessary for post-event analysis and reports.
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the position; other duties may be assigned consistent with the classification of the position.Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 2- 4 years' of appropriate business experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and graphics programs.
- Must be project and detail-oriented with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet department deadlines.
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent customer relations skills and be able to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to work within a multi-task environment.
- Self-starter able to move forward activities with initiative and self-drive preferred.
Read Comprehend- Frequent; Perform Calculations- Occasional; Communicate Orally- Frequent; Reason & Analyze- Constant; Write- Frequent
The position is on campus, primarily in an office environment.
Sit- Frequent; Stand- Occasional; Bend- Occasional; Walk- Occasional; Climb- N/A; Pull- N/A; Push- N/A; Lift Additional Information:
The UCE-FIT Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) dictates the compensation, benefits, and conditions of employment.
Starting Salary: $60,685 per year with step increments per Salary Schedule 92, after one year of service and annually thereafter.
( See Successor Agreement, page 8 )
Employee Holiday and Work Schedule
Remote Pilot Program
Days/Hours: M-F, 9am-5pm, in person; some evenings and/or weekends; work schedule subject to change based on needs of the department.
Review of applications will begin immediately until the position is filled.
Successful completion of a background check is required for appointment to this position once an offer has been made. Application Instructions:
In order to be considered for the position, you must submit the following documents online:
- Cover letter
- Unofficial transcript
- A list of three references with telephone numbers and email addresses
Returning Applicants- Login to your FITNYC Careers Account to check your completed application.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding his or her application status.
For more information about FIT, please visit FIT's website at: http://www.fitnyc.edu .
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. EEO/ Affirmative Action Statement
FIT is firmly committed to creating an environment that will attract and retain people of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds. By providing a learning and working environment that encourages, utilizes, respects, and appreciates the full expression of every individual's ability, the FIT community fosters its mission and grows because of its rich, pluralistic experience. FIT is committed to prohibiting discrimination, whether based on race, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, religion, ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military service status, genetic information, pregnancy, familial status, citizenship status (except as required to comply with law), or any other criterion prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. FIT is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment, including the opportunity for upward mobility for all qualified individuals. Applications from minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged. Inquiries regarding FIT's non-discrimination policies may be directed to the Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, 212.217.3360, email@example.com.
The Fashion Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is strongly and actively committed to diversity within the community.About Fashion Institute of Technology:
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), part of the State University of New York and an internationally renowned college of art, design, business and technology with a strong emphasis on liberal arts, invites nominations and applications for a Department Coordinator in the Center for Continuing and Professional Studies (CCPS).
The Fashion Institute of Technology, a part of the State University of New York, has been a leader in career education in art, design, business, and technology for nearly 70 years. With a curriculum that provides a singular blend of hands-on, practical experience, classroom study, and a firm grounding in the liberal arts, FIT offers a wide range of outstanding programs that are relevant to today's rapidly changing industries. Internationally renowned, FIT draws on its New York City location to provide a vibrant, creative community in which to learn. The college offers more than 45 majors and grants AAS, BFA, BS, MA, MFA, and MPS degrees, preparing students for professional success and leadership in the global marketplace.
With close ties to industry, FIT draws faculty from the city's art, business, and design elite, and from the rich academic community of the region. The college continually seeks creative faculty members who are passionate about their field and demonstrate exceptional professional capability in the core competencies of instruction design, learning enrichment, globalism, and use of technology, as well as mastery of established and emerging industry practices.