Part-Time Marketing Associate, Center for Continuing and Professional Studies (CCPS)
- Fashion Institute of Technology
- New York, New York, United States
- Closing date
- 17 Feb 2023
- Coordinator / Executive
- Part Time
Reporting to the Media Coordinator of the Center for Continuing and Professional Studies, the individual will be part of the CCPS Marketing Media Team. This position is responsible for maintaining all social media accounts in the Center for Continuing and Professional Studies, which includes Precollege, adult students, grants, and contract programs.
- Plan and schedule posts, identify trends and opportunities for engagement.
- Obtain and develop promotional materials from instructors and other stakeholders.
- Photograph, assist in planning large shoots, and develop original content for social media and digital initiatives, including video, aimed at multiple audiences. Track consent forms for minors and students.
- Organize and maintain the visual archives for CCPS.
- Edit and optimize photos and videos for social media, websites, and other digital channels using Adobe and other digital software tools.
- Create and schedule all promotional CCPS emails; maintain updated email lists.
- Design any in-house graphic collateral for CCPS. This could include posters, signs, etc.
- Assist with updating CCPS web pages.
- Assist with gathering student data and generating reports to help with promotional outreach.
- Promote CCPS events that may be outside of regularly scheduled work hours.
Administrative and Office Support
- Assist with CCPS events that may be outside of regularly scheduled work hours.
- Assist in the day-to-day functions of the office. Provide email/reception coverage as needed, including troubleshooting problems and disseminating basic information on established policies and course offerings.
- Contributes to a collegial work environment.
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the position; other duties may be assigned consistent with the classification of the position.
- Associate's degree required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of appropriate business experience.
- Prior experience working in a marketing/social media environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be project and detail-oriented with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet department deadlines.
- Experience with social media planning, strategy, tactics, tools, and monitoring.
- Experienced writer with strong news sense, storytelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Experience working with graphics; ability to identify strong photography and other types of images for use in social media platforms.
- Knowledge of HTML and Adobe Suite programs for web, photo, video, and audio such as Photoshop, along with office applications Word and Excel and G-Suite.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when appropriate for events.
- Punctual, dependable, and enthusiastic about working in a highly creative educational environment.
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent customer relations skills and be able to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Bachelor's degree and three (3) years of appropriate business experience preferred.
Read Comprehend- Frequent; Perform Calculations- Occasional; Communicate Orally- Frequent; Reason & Analyze- Constant; Write- Frequent
The position is on campus, primarily in an office environment.
Sit- Frequent; Stand- Occasional; Bend- Occasional; Walk- Occasional; Climb- N/A; Pull- N/A; Push- N/A; Lift
Job Title: Office Associate per Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA)
The UCE-FIT Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) dictates the compensation, benefits, and conditions of employment.
Hiring Rate: $34.81 per hour with step increments per Salary Schedule 91, after one year of service and annually thereafter.
( See Successor Agreement, page 7 )
Employee Holiday and Work Schedule
Days/Hours: This position works a part-time (25 hours per week) schedule during the hours of 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM, primarily during the week, but with weekend assignments. This work schedule subject to change based on needs of the department.
Review of applications will begin immediately until the position is filled.
Successful completion of a background check is required for appointment to this position once an offer has been made.
In order to be considered for the position, you must submit the following documents online:
- Cover letter
- Unofficial transcript
- A list of three references with telephone numbers and email addresses
Returning Applicants- Login to your FITNYC Careers Account to check your completed application.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding his or her application status.
For more information about FIT, please visit FIT's website at: http://www.fitnyc.edu .
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EEO/ Affirmative Action Statement
FIT is firmly committed to creating an environment that will attract and retain people of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds. By providing a learning and working environment that encourages, utilizes, respects, and appreciates the full expression of every individual's ability, the FIT community fosters its mission and grows because of its rich, pluralistic experience. FIT is committed to prohibiting discrimination, whether based on race, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, religion, ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military service status, genetic information, pregnancy, familial status, citizenship status (except as required to comply with law), or any other criterion prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. FIT is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment, including the opportunity for upward mobility for all qualified individuals. Applications from minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged. Inquiries regarding FIT's non-discrimination policies may be directed to the Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, 212.217.3360, email@example.com.
The Fashion Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is strongly and actively committed to diversity within the community.
About Fashion Institute of Technology:
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), part of the State University of New York and an internationally renowned college of art, design, business and technology with a strong emphasis on liberal arts, invites nominations and applications for a Part-Time Marketing Associate in the Center for Continuing and Professional Studies (CCPS).
The Fashion Institute of Technology, a part of the State University of New York, has been a leader in career education in art, design, business, and technology for nearly 70 years. With a curriculum that provides a singular blend of hands-on, practical experience, classroom study, and a firm grounding in the liberal arts, FIT offers a wide range of outstanding programs that are relevant to today's rapidly changing industries. Internationally renowned, FIT draws on its New York City location to provide a vibrant, creative community in which to learn. The college offers more than 45 majors and grants AAS, BFA, BS, MA, MFA, and MPS degrees, preparing students for professional success and leadership in the global marketplace.
With close ties to industry, FIT draws faculty from the city's art, business, and design elite, and from the rich academic community of the region. The college continually seeks creative faculty members who are passionate about their field and demonstrate exceptional professional capability in the core competencies of instruction design, learning enrichment, globalism, and use of technology, as well as mastery of established and emerging industry practices.
The Fashion Institute of Technology, a part of the State University of New York, has been a leader in career education in art, design, business, and technology for 70 years. Providing a blend of hands-on experience, classroom study, and liberal arts, FIT offers a wide range of outstanding programs that are affordable and relevant to today’s rapidly changing industries. Internationally renowned, FIT draws on its New York City location to provide a vibrant, creative community in which to learn. The college grants associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, preparing students for professional success and leadership in the global marketplace.
Among our wide variety of Art and Design programs are Accessories Design, Interior Design, and Toy Design; Business and Technology majors range from Fashion Business Management to International Trade and Marketing to Cosmetics and Fragrance Marketing. Our outstanding faculty offer students experiences that mirror the marketplace and give them a competitive edge.
Notable alumni designers include Calvin Klein, Michael Kors, Reem Acra, Brian Atwood, Francisco Costa, Norma Kamali, Nanette Lepore, Bibhu Mohapatra, and Ralph Rucci. Other prominent graduates include Leslie Blodgett, creator of Bare Minerals; international hotel and restaurant designer Tony Chi; Nina Garcia, creative director, Marie Claire; Edward Menicheschi, chief marketing officer, Condé Nast; and Joe Zee, editor in chief and executive creative officer, Yahoo Style.
The Museum at FIT, one of the world’s leading collections of fashion and textiles, houses more than 50,000 garments and accessories and more than 300,000 textiles and swatches.
Learn more at fitnyc.edu.
Seventh Avenue at 27th Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert