The Center for Continuing and Professional Studies is seeking a proactive, energetic, customer-service minded Student Services Representative III to support all CCPS programs of study, primarily adult learners. The individual should have the ability to interact professionally and effectively with students, faculty, and staff; have the ability to operate independently/multitask; problem solving is a must. This position requires a well-organized individual who can manage multiple priorities and deadlines, with impeccable attention to detail.
- Provide direct or indirect assistance to faculty teaching in CCPS. This includes preparing faculty packets and course materials; collecting, recording, and archiving information from faculty, including teaching agreements, contracts, and timesheets.
- Book rooms through CCPS seminar room reservation system and through 25Live (or similar databases) for campus-wide room scheduling. Ensures the accuracy and completeness of the room data and generates reports or outputs as needed.
- Open SR classrooms, coordinate college-wide room-use with the Office of Public Safety and troubleshoot classroom technology issues. Provide media carts and other classroom equipment. Maintains department and instructional supplies and inventories. Tracks status, orders, purchases, and maintains and distributes supplies as needed.
- Maintain curriculum and syllabus record keeping and archives instructional support materials.
- Prepare weekend materials for office pick-up, coordinates weekend communications and announcements, and provides Office of Public Safety with course information and faculty packets as-needed.
- Maintain data for CCPS Programs in Banner: Collaborate with FIT Registration Center and CCPS colleagues to clean and maintain program data, coordinate non-credit programming with the Registrar's Office.
- Create and distribute digital badges and paper certificates for adult learners after course completion.
- Provide general support to programs in all areas of CCPS.
- Greet visitors, respond to inquiries, and resolve issues based on CCPS policies.
- Provide information, guidance and recommendations on CCPS credit and non-credit offerings.
- Route inquiries to the appropriate departmental contacts (Chairpersons and Department Coordinators).
- Ensure that visitors are assisted properly, the Student Services Rep III should gain knowledge of CCPS policies and have a general understanding of FIT's organizational structure.
- Contributes to a collegial work environment.
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the position; other duties may be assigned consistent with the classification of the position.Requirements:
- High school diploma required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of appropriate business experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to update and maintain inventory records.
- Ability to solve problems independently, effectively and creatively.
- Ability to juggle several tasks simultaneously, meeting all related deadlines with the ability to plan, prioritize, coordinate, and handle the work.
- Proficiency in Google Suite (Drive, Docs, Gmail, Sheets, Forms) MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, FrontPage, and Adobe Photoshop required.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Associate's degree or Bachelor's degree preferred.
Read Comprehend- Constant; Perform Calculations- Occasional; Communicate Orally- Constant; Reason & Analyze- Occasional; Write- Constant
The position is on campus, primarily in an office environment.
Sit- Frequent; Stand- Frequent; Bend- Occasional; Walk- Occasional; Climb- N/A; Pull- N/A; Push- N/A; Lift Additional Information:
The UCE-FIT Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) dictates the compensation, benefits, and conditions of employment.
Starting Salary: $46,780 per year with step increments per Salary Schedule 89, after one year of service and annually thereafter.
( See Successor Agreement, page 7 )
Employee Holiday and Work Schedule
Remote Pilot Program
Days/Hours: The department services students on evenings and weekends, this position will work five days a week from 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM with a possibility of working one day out of the weekend 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, two weekends a month. During a week when weekend work is required, a weekday off day will be provided. This work schedule subject to change based on needs of the department.
Review of applications will begin immediately until the position is filled.
Successful completion of a background check is required for appointment to this position once an offer has been made. Application Instructions:
In order to be considered for the position, you must submit the following documents online:
- Cover letter
- Unofficial transcript
- A list of three references with telephone numbers and email addresses
Returning Applicants- Login to your FITNYC Careers Account to check your completed application.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding his or her application status.
For more information about FIT, please visit FIT's website at: http://www.fitnyc.edu .
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. EEO/ Affirmative Action Statement
FIT is firmly committed to creating an environment that will attract and retain people of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds. By providing a learning and working environment that encourages, utilizes, respects, and appreciates the full expression of every individual's ability, the FIT community fosters its mission and grows because of its rich, pluralistic experience. FIT is committed to prohibiting discrimination, whether based on race, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, religion, ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military service status, genetic information, pregnancy, familial status, citizenship status (except as required to comply with law), or any other criterion prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. FIT is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment, including the opportunity for upward mobility for all qualified individuals. Applications from minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged. Inquiries regarding FIT's non-discrimination policies may be directed to the Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, 212.217.3360, email@example.com.
The Fashion Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is strongly and actively committed to diversity within the community.About Fashion Institute of Technology:
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), part of the State University of New York and an internationally renowned college of art, design, business and technology with a strong emphasis on liberal arts, invites nominations and applications for a Student Services Representative III, Adult Learner in the Center for Continuing and Professional Studies (CCPS).
The Fashion Institute of Technology, a part of the State University of New York, has been a leader in career education in art, design, business, and technology for nearly 70 years. With a curriculum that provides a singular blend of hands-on, practical experience, classroom study, and a firm grounding in the liberal arts, FIT offers a wide range of outstanding programs that are relevant to today's rapidly changing industries. Internationally renowned, FIT draws on its New York City location to provide a vibrant, creative community in which to learn. The college offers more than 45 majors and grants AAS, BFA, BS, MA, MFA, and MPS degrees, preparing students for professional success and leadership in the global marketplace.
With close ties to industry, FIT draws faculty from the city's art, business, and design elite, and from the rich academic community of the region. The college continually seeks creative faculty members who are passionate about their field and demonstrate exceptional professional capability in the core competencies of instruction design, learning enrichment, globalism, and use of technology, as well as mastery of established and emerging industry practices.