Reporting to the Director of Precollege, the Student Services Representative III will provide a variety of support for CCPS, which includes Precollege and adult learners students.
- Assist in the day-to-day functions of the office.
- Provide email/telephone/reception coverage on a daily basis, including troubleshooting problems and disseminating basic information on established policies and course offerings.
- Provide general Admissions guidance to Precollege families and students considering FIT majors.
- Generate and maintain student communications, profile information, data, and enrollment transactions using systems within the CCPS unit.
- Administrative support in accessing student transcripts. Respond to inquiries regarding CCPS services and special requests.
- Liaise with the Office of the Bursar for escalated student account issues.
- Assist in managing registration, course creation, and section scheduling data in collaboration with the Office of the Registrar, using systems within the CCPS unit.
- Assist with Precollege faculty support including class setup and materials, troubleshooting, and providing any other resources necessary.
- Assist in all aspects of logistics and support for CCPS and Precollege events. Must be present for all Precollege and CCPS events on evenings and weekends as needed.
- Collect and maintain required student documents for in-person and remote programs, and assist in survey collection.
- Assist in processing student data and communications for scholarship, third-party, internal sponsorship and contract partner programs.
- Provide updated programmatic information for all CCPS webpages.
- Assist with updating PowerPoint presentations for orientations, info sessions, etc
- Generate and manage student data and enrollment transaction reports using CCPS reporting systems.
- Provide general support to programs in all areas of CCPS.
- Contributes to a collegial work environment.
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the position; other duties may be assigned consistent with the classification of the position.Requirements:
- High school diploma required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of appropriate business experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet department deadlines.
- Ability to update and maintain inventory records.
- Ability to solve problems independently, effectively and creatively.
- Proficiency in Google Suite and MS Office.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when appropriate for events.
- Punctual, dependable, and enthusiastic about working in a highly creative educational environment.
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent customer relations skills and be able to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Associate's degree or Bachelor's degree preferred.
Read Comprehend- Constant; Perform Calculations- Occasional; Communicate Orally- Constant; Reason & Analyze- Occasional; Write- Constant
The position is on campus, primarily in an office environment.
Sit- Frequent; Stand- Occasional; Bend- Occasional; Walk- Occasional; Climb- N/A; Pull- N/A; Push- N/A; Lift Additional Information:
The UCE-FIT Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) dictates the compensation, benefits, and conditions of employment.
Starting Salary: $46,780 per year with step increments per Salary Schedule 89, after one year of service and annually thereafter.
( See Successor Agreement, page 7 )
Employee Holiday and Work Schedule
Remote Pilot Program
Days/Hours: M-F, 9am-5pm, in person; evenings and weekends; work schedule subject to change based on needs of the department.
Review of applications will begin immediately until the position is filled.
Successful completion of a background check is required for appointment to this position once an offer has been made. Application Instructions:
In order to be considered for the position, you must submit the following documents online:
- Cover letter
- Unofficial transcript
- A list of three references with telephone numbers and email addresses
Returning Applicants- Login to your FITNYC Careers Account to check your completed application.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding his or her application status.
For more information about FIT, please visit FIT's website at: http://www.fitnyc.edu .
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. EEO/ Affirmative Action Statement
FIT is firmly committed to creating an environment that will attract and retain people of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds. By providing a learning and working environment that encourages, utilizes, respects, and appreciates the full expression of every individual's ability, the FIT community fosters its mission and grows because of its rich, pluralistic experience. FIT is committed to prohibiting discrimination, whether based on race, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, religion, ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military service status, genetic information, pregnancy, familial status, citizenship status (except as required to comply with law), or any other criterion prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. FIT is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment, including the opportunity for upward mobility for all qualified individuals. Applications from minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged. Inquiries regarding FIT's non-discrimination policies may be directed to the Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, 212.217.3360, email@example.com.
The Fashion Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is strongly and actively committed to diversity within the community.About Fashion Institute of Technology:
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), part of the State University of New York and an internationally renowned college of art, design, business and technology with a strong emphasis on liberal arts, invites nominations and applications for a Student Services Representative III in the Precollege Programs Department.
The Fashion Institute of Technology, a part of the State University of New York, has been a leader in career education in art, design, business, and technology for nearly 70 years. With a curriculum that provides a singular blend of hands-on, practical experience, classroom study, and a firm grounding in the liberal arts, FIT offers a wide range of outstanding programs that are relevant to today's rapidly changing industries. Internationally renowned, FIT draws on its New York City location to provide a vibrant, creative community in which to learn. The college offers more than 45 majors and grants AAS, BFA, BS, MA, MFA, and MPS degrees, preparing students for professional success and leadership in the global marketplace.
With close ties to industry, FIT draws faculty from the city's art, business, and design elite, and from the rich academic community of the region. The college continually seeks creative faculty members who are passionate about their field and demonstrate exceptional professional capability in the core competencies of instruction design, learning enrichment, globalism, and use of technology, as well as mastery of established and emerging industry practices.