Logistics Associate Engineer
- Hugo Boss
- Midway, Georgia, United States
- Closing date
- 11 Mar 2023
- Logistics & Supply Chain
- Coordinator / Executive
At HUGO BOSS, you have the opportunity to contribute your personality, ideas and creativity - because only when we break new ground together can we create something unique. Become part of our team of more than 14.000 employees worldwide and shape your future at HUGO BOSS!
HUGO BOSS is a world market leader in the premium fashion and luxury segment of the apparel market. The Savannah Distribution Center currently operates as a Foreign Trade Zone and receives/ships approximately 8 M units to approximately 100 Retail stores and over 300 Wholesale points of sale.
To support our distribution center in Savannah GA we are searching for an LogisticsAssociate Engineer to be based in our Savannah office. The LogisticsAssociate Engineerwill provide direct support to Director of Strategic Planning. Working on various projects affecting the whole supply chain including logistics, transportation, and warehouse and material handling systems. Key responsibilities for the LogisticsAssociate Engineerwill include monitoring and continuous improvement of material handling processes. The LogisticsAssociate Engineerwill learn and implement best practices from other HUGO BOSS Distribution Centers.
What you can expect:
Responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
- Monitoring and enhancement of the relevant key figures of the operation from inbound to outbound
- Analysis, optimization and redesign of logistics workflows and processes
- Continuous evaluation of logistics key figures and analysis of volume to process for the preparation of subsequent decisions
- Taking on projects for the continuous development of logistics processes from conceptualization to implementation and stabilization.
- Definition of IT requirements for mapping logistics processes
- Close cooperation with our third party vendors within outsourcing projects
- Close cooperation with the team leaders of the warehouses as well as interface areas IT and Sales,
- Assumption of sub-projects for the commissioning and ramp-up of the second logistics center in Savannah GA.
- Support of distribution centers (NCSA), if necessary, with on-site assignments lasting several weeks
- BS Degree in industrial engineering with a focus on logistics / materials handling or supply chain management
- At least one year of professional experience in logistics planning and/or internship experience
- Excellent IT skills (MS Office / SAP EWM)
- Strong analytical skills
- Communication talent, willingness to perform, conceptual thinking skills
- Enthusiasm and support for new technology innovations, such as robotics and artificial intelligence
- Be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Prolonged standing, walking & sitting
- Some travel may be required
HUGO BOSS offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Flexible Commuting
- 21 paid days off (pro-rated based on first year of employment) plus your Birthday off
- Generous Employee Discount Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits with Health Saving Account (HSA) option
- 401(K) with company match
- Flex Spending Account (FSA)
- Commuter Benefits (Pre-tax)
- Voluntary Benefits and Critical Illness
- Company sponsored Life and Disability benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Discounts for auto/home/pet insurance
We are a global company with our employees representative of the world at large. Our inclusive culture embraces each person's authenticity and individuality. We are committed to equal employment opportunity. And we believe our equitable work environment helps unleash your full potential and inspires you to thrive.
HUGO BOSS is one of the leading companies in the upper premium segment of the global apparel market with some 14,000 employees around the world. Diversity is what shapes our company and makes us strong. People from a wide range of different nationalities put their knowledge, skills and experience to work for HUGO BOSS. This ensures an impressive variety of ideas and solutions. What unites us is our passion for our products and pride in our work.
Our vision is to be the most desirable premium fashion & lifestyle brand, and therefore we put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
In order to address customers clearly and consistently, we offer two brands: BOSS and HUGO. While they are clearly distinguishable from each other in terms of their individual attributes and target customer, both brands embody our values of quality and fit, innovation and sustainability.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to advance your career as an expert or executive and are passionate about the fashion and lifestyle industry, you’ve come to the right place. Take the next step and find the perfect job for you.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert