Job Summary: Perform a variety of accounting and bookkeeping duties according to established policies and procedures.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for cash application, coding and posting of customer payments.
- Responsible for a variety of general accounting functions, with focus on accounts receivable, general ledger and taxes.
- Assess current practices and procedures and make recommendations for improvements.
- Prepare, review, and analyze financial statements to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as requested.
- Supervise and manage the accounts receivable cash application process.
- Develop and maintain spreadsheets for various departments for a variety of financial reporting.
- Prepare and file quarterly GST and VAT tax returns
- General ledger preparation of financial statements.
- Calculation of sales commissions for outside sales force.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education: College degree with major in accounting
Experience: At least 5 years’ experience in Accounts Receivable/Cash application, general ledger and financial analysis.
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across all levels of the company
- Strong leadership skills with a dedication to driving and achieving results
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Proficient in various accounting software, Microsoft suite, etc.
- Good mathematical background
- Ability to listen and communicate both verbally and written
- Ability multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently
- Ability to work independently, self-starter, energetic
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced ever-changing work environment
- Ability to use 10-key calculator for variety of accounting functions
- Flexibility and adaptability Experience with Blue Cherry/Infinity and Open Systems is a plus Working Conditions: Office (Monday thru Friday)
Physical Demands: Must be able to stand, sit, and walk 8 hours/day
All candidates MUST provide proof of at least 1 (one) COVID vaccination at the time an offer is made, or contact the SWIM USA Human Resources team, if eligible for an exemption.
SWIM USA is an EOE