This position is responsible for the acquisition and subsequent retention of DSM clients based in Asia, also focusing on the travelling/walk-in consumer, as well as introducing DSM to existing clientele of which you already hold relationships. Offering the very best customer service, consistently meeting clients’ needs and expectations, you will aim to achieve and exceed the company’s key financial targets working closely with, and supporting, the Asia Business Development Manager.
- Driving the ongoing development of DSMs business across Asia
- Managing relationships and offering the best customer service to all DSM Asian clients.
- Acquisition and retention of Asian clients both local and internationally, specifically final clients
- Setting the standard of the very best customer service levels at all times in line with other luxury retailers
- Achievement of key financial targets.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Customer Service and Sales:
- Offering a personalised shopping and styling experience to our VIP Asian clients
- Act as main point of contact for general Asian VIP enquiries.
- Ensuring exceptional levels of customer service at all times.
- Work in close partnership with the wider VIP team to ensure a coordinated approach for our top spending clients internationally
- Planning VIP events and experiences for our Asian clients
- Ensuring that new clients are added to the DSM database and maintaining our wider customer database of key customers across Asia.
- Ensure product transfers and protocols are followed to allow for seamless, prompt process
- Communication of key launches and adherence to process in driving launches with VIP group.
- Maintaining My Floor, My Shop standards every day. Embodying DSM Values and acting as Brand Ambassador for the store at all times.
- Timely packing and despatch of all stock once sold ensuring safe receipt by the client and appropriate follow-up.
- Photographing of new items and the sharing of product decks and launches in a professional manner via e-mail/WeChat/LRB
- Good housekeeping; ensuring the client database includes key dates such as birthdays, anniversaries and holidays
Skills / Knowledge:
- Proven retail sales and expertise within a high-end/luxury business for at least 2 years.
- Excellent written and spoken communication in Mandarin
- Specific understanding of the Comme des Garcons Fashion House, aesthetic, consumer and sub-brands.
- Good understanding of all collections and stock availability at DSM.
- Client book of potential new business for DSM as well as maintaining DSM existing clientele.
- Attendance to relevant trainings beneficial (i.e. clienteling, sales development).
- Knowledge of Retail Pro would also be advantageous.
- Experience of communicating via WeChat, Little red Book, and using AliPay and WeChat Pay.
- Good understanding of Chinese Customs and Duties procedures for exporting paid items is advantageous.
- A highly motivated and competent individual able to converse with all levels both internally and externally
- A total self-starter able to set the standard by their own professionalism and attitude.
- Must be energetic, self-motivated and self-organized. Flexible with working hours and willing to do whatever is required to get the job done and thereby ensure absolute client satisfaction.
- Highly organised with a strong attention to detail.
- Proactive, able to multi task and work well under pressure within a highly fast paced environment.
- Ability to identify problems and implement appropriate solutions
What We Offer
- 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, increasing with each year of service up to 5 additional days
- A generous Clothing Allowance
- Up to 60% Employee Discount
- Access to RetailTrust, our Employee Assistant Programme
- Free extended access to Headspace for mindfulness and meditation
- 24/7 Access to our VirtualGP service
- Cyclescheme and Eyecare Vouchers
The diversity of our workforce is what makes us unique, creative and connected.
As an equal opportunity employer, we work hard to ensure that candidates and employees are treated fairly. We do not tolerate discrimination of any kind. We welcome people from all courses of life - age, race, gender, sexuality, disability, and more - and strive to make everyone feel like they belong.
We review our recruitment selection criteria, hiring processes and onboarding often. The goal is to be as diverse and inclusive as possible.
Put simply: we welcome everybody, respect everyone's stories, and celebrate our differences.