Are you self-motivated? Results-driven? Do you want to be on the ground floor of building out a world-class e-commerce experience? Yes?! Then we want to talk to you. Here at FIGS, we are building and growing our fledgling e-commerce platform. We are looking for an exceptional engineer who can help us architect and build out the front-end part of that stack. Our current front-end experience is a server-side rendered Next.js React site built with Typescript, GraphQL, Styled Components, and React 16. We use Shopify to manage our shopping cart and checkout process, and have a mandate to grow on top of and beyond it as we need to. Our backend services are a mix of Typescript on Node and Ruby on Rails. You can of course help contribute to some of them as you need to.
While our base stack is evolving there is still plenty of room for it to grow. Want to introduce react-spring for better animations? Let's debate. Want to implement a PWA architecture to help us cache data client-side? Let's explore. Want to re-write our site's build process in Haskell? No, we have limits.
Does this sound interesting? Keep reading. What you'll do:
- Work as an engineer on projects with a small team or alone as we grow
- Partner with our Product, Design, and Backend Engineering teams to:
- Define and build out our core theming and reusable component libraries
- Define and help implement core data models that will power our presentation layer APIs
- Build customer-facing front-end applications and features to help our customers better use our site
Bonus points for:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience or education.
- 5+ years professionally working on front-end applications.
- Strong computer science fundamentals.
- A preference for TDD-style development over YDD (YOLO driven development).
- A commanding knowledge of HTML, CSS, and building rich user experiences with them. (e.g., What's the box model?)
- Prior experience with SPA frameworks like React, Vue, Ember, or Angular.
- Experience using Node.js in a production environment.
- Experience working with statically-typed languages like Typescript.
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations.
- Awareness of common web security vulnerabilities and how to avoid them.
Other must haves:
- Experience with building and maintaining traditional Shopify sites and experience working on Shopify Apps and Themes.
- Experience setting up CI/CD build processes and pipelines.
- Familiarity with server-side MVC web application frameworks, like Next.js, Ruby on Rails or Django.
- Familiarity with DevOps technologies like Docker, Vagrant, Terraform and Kubernetes.
FIGS Compensation and Benefits
- Desire to learn: we are not looking for specific experience with our tech stack—just the willingness and sufficient experience (with an equivalent stack) to pick it up fast.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Collaboration: we work in small cross-functional teams and as individual engineers. We are not afraid of challenges and working together to tackle them.
- Positive attitude: we are self-starters who love to solve problems with technologies
- A strong work ethic, with integrity and entrepreneurial mindset.
At FIGS, your base salary is one part of your total compensation package. This role's base salary range is between $129,500 and $185,000. Actual base salary is determined based on a number of factors, including but not limited to your relevant skills, qualifications, and years of experience.
Additional Compensation and Benefits
- Equity: All FIGS employees have the opportunity to own shares of FIGS stock through our new-hire equity program. Additionally, FIGS provides a discount when purchasing FIGS stock voluntarily through our FIGS Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Annual bonus: This position is eligible to participate in the FIGS annual bonus program
- Other compensation and benefits offered include:
- Comprehensive benefits and perks package focused on your well-being, including premium medical, dental and vision coverage, and full access to wellness services through Ginger, Headspace, and Gympass. 100% FIGS-sponsored life insurance and disability insurance
- Amazing 401(k) program, with a company match up to the first 6% of your contribution
- Generous paid time off - We have 11 company holidays. For salaried team members, we offer flexible vacation. For our hourly team members, we offer up to 3 weeks of accrued vacation
- Meaningful time away for baby bonding, including parental leave, new parent care meals, and a transition back to work for primary caregivers
- FIGS Friends and Family 25% off Discount for FIGS apparel
- Access to FIGS Vet, Discounted Pet Daycare, and so much more...
*Benefits eligibility is determined by hour requirements and length of serviceA little bit about us...
FIGS, Inc. is a founder-led, direct-to-consumer healthcare apparel and lifestyle brand that seeks to celebrate, empower and serve current and future generations of healthcare professionals. We redefine what scrubs are by creating technically advanced apparel and products that feature an unmatched combination of comfort, durability, function and style, all at an affordable price. With the largest DTC platform in healthcare apparel, we sell our products to a rapidly growing community of loyal customers. Through these customer relationships, FIGS has built a community and lifestyle around a profession, revolutionizing the large and fragmented healthcare apparel market and becoming the industry's category-defining healthcare apparel and lifestyle brand.
Our Threads for Threads initiative is integral to our mission to improve the lives of healthcare professionals on a global scale. Founded alongside FIGS in 2013, Threads for Threads donates scrubs to healthcare professionals working in resource-poor countries around the world.