FIGS is looking for an awesome Director of UI/UX Design to join our Ecommerce Team. The role will be responsible for creating and communicating concepts, implementing strategies, and developing interactive customer flows and experiences for both web and our new mobile app. This role will oversee the full lifecycle of project design from conception and design executions, to development handoff, to frontend QA to iteration & optimization. What you'll do:
- Continually identify new ideas for FIGS and break down those ideas into simple, compelling site experiences with an ability to design those experiences
- Have a strong understanding of our healthcare professional customer and best-in-class ecommerce shopping experiences; not afraid to be innovative and think outside the box
- Deliver concepts, personas, user journeys, storyboards, system maps, user flows, wireframes, visual design comps, and prototypes with Figma, Adobe CS, InVision, and other tools
- Be responsible for researching and designing thoughtful and seamless experiences that delight end users and customers
- Create wireframes and prototypes focused on solving various business problems
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and visual designers to to define requirements, synthesize ideas, validate design integrity, and iterate through testing
- Continuously collect and review customer data and feedback for optimization opportunities; Incorporate user research and usability testing to iterate on product solutions
- Contribute to the design and maintenance of a comprehensive design system & visual framework to establish consistent aesthetics
- Have a data-driven mindset. You'll tie your design decisions back to your research and guide the product strategy from the user's perspective while keeping business goals and engineering constraints top of mind.
- Communicate proactively, and collaborate with partner teams to get input on designs and adapt and iterate as needed.
- Juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; lead the team and projects with limited hand holding and guidance
- Be a UX thought leader in our organization, keep up to date and share industry trends and best practices about product design and UX processes.
- Continually explore opportunities to enhance, improve, and expand methodologies and work
Please include an online portfolio with specific examples of high quality UX and Visual Design work reflecting individual design thinking, teamwork, and impact on customers. FIGS Compensation and Benefits
- 8+ years of experience in Digital Design, with a heavy emphasis on UI/UX
- 3+ years of management experience with direct reports
- Expert in Figma, and experience with Sketch, Invision. Photoshop and other prototyping tools
- Ecommerce web (desktop and heavy mobile) experience a must; mobile app experience preferred
- Experience working Product Managers and Engineers on a daily basis
- An understanding of how to visualize, design and build powerful experiences that connect with consumers on an emotional level
- An ability to marry beautiful design with seamless user experiences
- An ability to pivot from strategic thinking to tactical execution
- Deep knowledge of design principles and demonstrated ability to teach those principles to others, imbuing design culture in all areas of a team
- A track record of managing and mentoring outstanding individual designers with different specializations
- An ability to build strong cross-functional relationships and influence key decisions
- An ability to work in dynamic and fast-paced environment where every day presents a new challenge
- Quick learning ability with an unwaveringly positive, action-oriented attitude
At FIGS, your base salary is one part of your total compensation package. This role's base salary range is between $154,000 and $220,000. Actual base salary is determined based on a number of factors, including but not limited to your relevant skills, qualifications, and years of experience.
Additional Compensation and Benefits
- Equity: All FIGS employees have the opportunity to own shares of FIGS stock through our new-hire equity program. Additionally, FIGS provides a discount when purchasing FIGS stock voluntarily through our FIGS Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Annual bonus: This position is eligible to participate in the FIGS annual bonus program
- Other compensation and benefits offered include:
- Comprehensive benefits and perks package focused on your well-being, including premium medical, dental and vision coverage, and full access to wellness services through Ginger, Headspace, and Gympass. 100% FIGS-sponsored life insurance and disability insurance
- Amazing 401(k) program, with a company match up to the first 6% of your contribution
- Generous paid time off - We have 11 company holidays. For salaried team members, we offer flexible vacation. For our hourly team members, we offer up to 3 weeks of accrued vacation
- Meaningful time away for baby bonding, including parental leave, new parent care meals, and a transition back to work for primary caregivers
- FIGS Friends and Family 25% off Discount for FIGS apparel
- Access to FIGS Vet, Discounted Pet Daycare, and so much more...
*Benefits eligibility is determined by hour requirements and length of serviceA little bit about us...
FIGS, Inc. is a founder-led, direct-to-consumer healthcare apparel and lifestyle brand that seeks to celebrate, empower and serve current and future generations of healthcare professionals. We redefine what scrubs are by creating technically advanced apparel and products that feature an unmatched combination of comfort, durability, function and style, all at an affordable price. With the largest DTC platform in healthcare apparel, we sell our products to a rapidly growing community of loyal customers. Through these customer relationships, FIGS has built a community and lifestyle around a profession, revolutionizing the large and fragmented healthcare apparel market and becoming the industry's category-defining healthcare apparel and lifestyle brand.
Our Threads for Threads initiative is integral to our mission to improve the lives of healthcare professionals on a global scale. Founded alongside FIGS in 2013, Threads for Threads donates scrubs to healthcare professionals working in resource-poor countries around the world.