We are looking for a Country Controller for Netherlands region; a master in finance with a passion and drive for Retail and Fashion. Someone who understands the numbers behind the performance and is able to advice, drive and support the Scotch & Soda business based on these numbers. Someone who likes the dynamics of a fashion company.
You report to the Managing Director in the Netherlands but also remain in close contact with our central controlling team. You will function as the organization's critical eye and analytical mind. Someone who can challenge, ask the right questions, and develop good ideas and robust insights. A commercial entrepreneur who prefers to work in a team.
Being one of Scotch & Soda largest regions, The Netherlands covers c. 35 stores and significant key accounts and pure players in wholesale.
You will be responsible for driving the country's performance by monitoring KPI's driving financial initiatives, and supporting the team with best-in-class business cases for growth-driving initiatives. You will be the go-to person for all finance-related questions and set budgets both on the top line and bottom line together with the MD. You manage the P&L daily and set up reports such as month-end, year-end, and other statements on demand and reporting towards our headquarters.LOTS TO LOVE
You will get a lot of opportunity in this position to discover our still growing company, come up with new ideas and develop yourself constantly in a work environment where you experience a lot of freedom and enjoy the following benefits:
- A highly collective creative and welcoming environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an atmosphere for professional development
- To work in our beautiful office in Amsterdam & Hoofddorp
- A 39hour working week, Fridays end at 4PM
- Apple equipment
- 28 holiday days per year
- Onefit subscription for EUR29 a month (instead of EUR65)
- Amazing company drinks, events and parties
- Employee discounts. 28% online and in store and access to our Friends&Family sale
- Access to great company benefits around parenthood and wellbeing
- Full coverage of public transportation if you live outside Hoofddorp
- A competitive salary and a annual 8% holiday pay
- A pension scheme which is 2/3 funded by Scotch & Soda
About Scotch & Soda
- You have at least three years of work experience in a similar controller role, preferably in the fashion industry
- You have the ability to adapt to new situations quickly, be flexible, and feel at home in a fast-paced and dynamic organization
- You are accurate, result-driven, and have excellent communication skills;
- Strong ability to analyze, solve problems, and prioritize work under pressure;
- You have an Applicable Science (HBO) or Master's degree in a related field such as Business Economics or Finance.
- You are a financial who has experience in working with Consolidation systems (Tagetik is a plus), BI tools (Qsense) and are very proficient in working with Excel (lookups, pivots) and PowerPoint.
Born in Amsterdam, Scotch & Soda celebrates the free spirit of its birth city. Endlessly optimistic, we champion individuality, authenticity and the power of self-expression to create the unique - an attitude reflected in our designs. The Scotch & Soda collections include menswear, womenswear, kidswear, denim, eyewear, fragrances, and accessories, occupying a unique space in today's fashion landscape. Globally, we're expanding, with stores in major cities in Europe, North America, Asia, the Middle East, Africa and Australia - and we'd love for you to be part of the journey.Application processPhone call with the recruiter
One of our recruiters will review your application and get in contact with you if there's a matchFirst interview
Upon a successful phone screening, we will invite you for an interviewShort assignment or second interview
Depending on the role, we will ask you to complete a short assignment or invite you for the second interview.Offer
You will receive an offer as soon as we make a selection - good luck!