About PVH Corp.
PVH is one of the most admired fashion and lifestyle companies in the world.
We power brands that drive fashion forward - for good.
Our brand portfolio includes the iconic CALVIN KLEIN, TOMMY HILFIGER, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Warner's, Olga and Geoffrey Beene brands, as well as the digital-centric intimates brand. True&Co. We market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands. PVH has over 40,000 associates operating in over 40 countries and $9.9 billion in annual revenues. That's the Power of Us. That's the Power of PVH.About Tommy Hilfiger
Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, is a global apparel and retail company with more than 16,000 associates worldwide. With the support of strong global consumer recognition, Tommy Hilfiger has built an extensive distribution network in over 90 countries and more than 1,400 retail stores throughout North America, Europe, Latin America and the Asia Pacific region. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were $9.2 billion in 2019
Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a brand portfolio that includes TOMMY HILFIGER and TOMMY JEANS.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world's most recognized premium designer lifestyle groups and is recognized for celebrating the essence of "classic American cool" style, featuring preppy with a twist designs.
Its focus is designing and marketing high-quality men's tailored clothing and sportswear, women's collection apparel and sportswear, kidswear, denim collections, underwear (including robes, sleepwear and loungewear), footwear and accessories. Through select licensees, Tommy Hilfiger offers complementary lifestyle products such as eyewear, watches, fragrance, swimwear, socks, small leather goods, home goods and luggage.The Team
The Tommy Hilfiger Accessories division is one of the fastest growing divisions within Tommy Hilfiger Europe. Based in the Amsterdam European HQ, the team is split into 3 sub teams: Design, Merchandise and PD. The teams work closely together to create the collections across all the lifestyles under the Tommy Hilfiger umbrella. Additional ranges consist of capsules, collaborations and INT markets request The Position:
The role of the Product Developer Manager is to manage the Product Development process within the different product lines for Tommy Hilfiger Accessories from proto concept, SMS and pre-production stage. S/he manages and drives the development and the life cycle process with all relevant parties involved (Design and Merchandising), in order to achieve commercial product execution, align with corporate goals, the calendar and financial key performance.
Liaising with buying offices in China and direct vendors in Europe/India, the Product Development Manager role is to ensure that the product is developed to the business needs and to the critical pathKey Responsibilities:
The Ideal Candidate:
- Reports to the Product Development Director
- Liaise with Design for initial sourcing initiatives (e.g. sourcing trips) during Global Creative Research based on draft range plan obtained from Product Merchandising, with the objective to foster innovation and to ensure competitive price points
- Advise Design during development process regarding cost implications and provide call-outs regarding quality risks to the product and ensure on time samples delivery
- Execute R&D requests from Design and take initiative on relevant R&D while managing efficient R&D processes
- Responsible for Product Development calendar and timeline, maintaining efficient workflows and general outline of timelines for the season for relevant categories, and ensuring close collaboration with merchandising, Buying & Planning, Buying Office, Vendors
- Oversee updating and maintaining of BOMs, handover to Buying Office / Direct Vendors for production of samples, protos, and bulk, and ensure that post-SMS comments are applied accordingly for production
- Responsible for category product management by providing support regarding technical and cost limitations / possibilities throughout the development process and during key meetings (e.g. proto review, final price meeting, SMS review), and being responsible for on-time sample delivery at each key milestone
- Negotiate FOB-prices with Buying Office / Direct Vendors throughout the development and production process, ensuring margins are maintained for actual order quantities
- Maintain close relationships with Direct Vendors and Buying Office, discussing development and production planning and managing escalation of pressing issues
- Drive efficiency improvement by analysing processes and best-practices, pursuing effective structures and ways of working, and working with cross-functional teams (e.g. Buying & Planning) to capture opportunities, align processes, and create synergies (in ways of working)
- Liaise with Central Quality Assurance regarding claims, providing input regarding validation of claims
- Conduct & oversee continuous update of data into PLM to ensure accuracy, completeness, and timeliness
- Oversee sample delivery tracking as well as provide update internally through sample tracking-file
- Oversee and consult on operational activities of team and act on call-outs made by team (e.g. consulting on risk assessment)
- Provide (ad hoc) analyses and reporting for presentations to management and key stakeholders
- Manage workload, learning, and development of Product Development team
What You Can Expect from Us
- 4-5 year working on Accessories specifically across Bags, SLGs, soft accessories and belts
- Has strong technical product knowledge of Accessories
- In depth understanding of development and production processes for Accessories in each of the product category
- Experience in visiting and working directly with Accessories vendors in Asia and Europe
- Solid knowledge of leathers, fabrics and knits
- Has excellent knowledge of Accessories to give guidance and advise to the team
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft)
- Business English fluency (both written and verbal)
- Good communication skills: team player, interdepartmental collaboration, stakeholder management
- Is able to work in a highly productive, sometime hectic environment with a hands-on approach
- Ability to travel internationally for supplier/market visits
- Strong analytical skills, eye for detail
- Self-driven, pragmatic and business mind set
- Work Smart Program: hybrid work, flex hours, work from anywhere 4 weeks a year, home office allowance and meeting free Fridays
- One of a kind Campus: state-of-the-art collaboration spaces, restaurant with premium buffet, takeaway deli, barista coffee bars, skybar and rooftop garden
- Health & Well-being: People's Place gym, sports clubs, nutritional coaching, meditation studio, headspace subscription, rooftop yoga and mental health days
- Social events: Thursday socials, pub quizzes, annual themed events, sample sales and market launches
- PVH University: learning and development programs to leverage your professional and personal goals
- How we support you: onsite parking, bike garages, commuting allowances, Employee Assistance Programs, pension schemes and discount on our brands Tommy Hilfiger & Calvin Klein to name a few!
Our Talent Acquisition will share our full benefits overview at the offer stage.
PVH Europe and our brands, TOMMY HILFIGER and CALVIN KLEIN, are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of associates with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with top talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.