- Fred Perry
- London (Central), London (Greater)
- Closing date
- 4 Feb 2023
- Production - Garments & Accessories
- Coordinator / Executive
PURPOSE: This position is within the Quality (Technical) Department reporting to the Senior Garment Technologist
- Advising key measurement and construction detailing to design/development packs to facilitate production of prototype samples
- Maintaining accurate product packages, setting up of initial prototype packs, fitting though all stages of development in collaboration with design and product development.
- Full ownership of product from SMS stage to bulk production, fitting and approval of graded size charts for production, approving all fabric and trim testing.
- Updating tech packs with comprehensive fit comments, construction comments, providing technical instructions to the supply base.
- Liaising with suppliers and factories during the production to ensure technical issues are supported with clear and timely decisions to ensure shipment dates are achieved.
- Maintain technical sample tracker to track approval processes of products.
- Assessment and approval of all bulk fabric, prints and trims, carrying out wash and wear trials on new qualities
- Reviewing base and bulk test reports of all fabrics and trims and approving washcare instructions. Maintaining fabric testing matrix
- Assessing production/shipment samples meet all fit, quality, labelling and packaging requirements. Assessing final AQL inspection reports, liaising with the production department to facilitate the maintenance of required ex-factory dates.
- Working closely with the product development teams to review responsible and sustainable fabric and trim alternatives, and review necessary certification needed; keeping on top of the validity of all certificates for all responsibly sourced fabrics and trims in the range
- Reviewing all bulk lab dips and communicating colour feedback to ensure colour continuity within each quarter of the whole range and supply base.
- Managing quick turn around products for Special Make Up styles.
- Maintaining block and measurement libraries to maintain fit continuity and continuing to update with additions in line with brand fits/sizing.
- Ensuring master brand standards for colours, embroideries and constructions are monitored and maintained
- Good Technical knowledge of garment fitting, grading and construction. (2-3 YEARS)
- The ability to effectively communicate across internal departments and external sources,
- both verbally and in writing.
- Good knowledge of fabrics, lab testing and assessment of results
- Ability to work in structured and timely manner under pressure within a team environment across multiple seasons and suppliers.
- Motivated to improve the product at every stage and strive for the highest achievable quality.
- Knowledge of kidswear including risk assessments / health and safety
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint & Teams (Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator).
- Experience of PLM & Interlink systems.
We actively encourage our teams to have a good work/life balance and so we are pleased to offer flexible working shifts at Fred Perry HQ. Our core shift hours are from 10am – 4.30pm and so employees can choose to start and finish early, or start and finish late. (i.e. work 8:00am-4:30pm, or 10:00am-6:30pm etc). We also have 30-minute early finish on Fridays.
As we continue to work in a more flexible way, the Head Office acts a brand hub, where we can all connect and collaborate with one another. This role is a mix of office based (London) and remote working. We will expect the employee to come into the office regularly for face-to-face meetings and to work alongside their team on collaborative projects.
We are proud to offer a wide range of benefits to all our staff, and continue to reassess what our community needs from us to thrive. We don’t want to be a good company to work for, we want to be a great one. Here are some things we currently offer:
- Annual company performance-related bonus
- Competitive salary, reviewed every year
- Generous staff discount and regular sample sales
- Generous pension scheme with 8.5% company contribution
- Option to buy an extra 5 days holiday annually
- Enhanced maternity and paternity packages
- Life insurance
- Private healthcare
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to the EAP
- Flexible working
- Early finish Fridays
- Season ticket loan
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Annual Birthday vouchers
- Regular opportunities to attend gigs / events,
We actively welcome applications from people of all different backgrounds. Your CV will be submitted to hiring managers with all personal details hidden to ensure anonymity.
In 1952, Fred Perry founded his brand, designing his first pique tennis shirt the same year. That shirt would transcend sportswear to streetwear on the backs of generation after generation of British youth subcultures. The shirt is the start and end of everything we do, because it’s more than a shirt – it’s a rite of passage, it’s the uniform of the non-uniform. A true icon.
Fred Perry has never adjusted its course for anyone. Never tied itself to the latest subculture. This philosophy has led to long term collaborations with like-minded partners, from Comme des Garçons to Amy Winehouse and from Raf Simons to Charlie Casely-Hayford.
Our head office is in the heart of London. It’s where everything happens from Design, Product Development, Customer Service and Operations. We have over 200 shops around the world, from Glasgow to Brighton, Paris, New York, Shanghai and Tokyo to name a few. We are proud to have a community of customers from all over the world, adopting the Fred Perry Shirt in their own unique way.
- 07825 344700
Fred Perry Ltd
37 Mount Pleasant
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert