Safiyaa is looking for a dynamic, precise, creative and professional senior womenswear designer to join the team.
This profile will directly report to the CEO and Creative Director and work closely with the Development team, while managing the in-house and freelance members of the design team.
The main responsibilities of this role are:
- Work closely with the development team and sign off the seasonal calendar according to the NY market deadlines and the needs of the development time.
- Respect all deadlines being responsible for the deadlines of the whole development team guaranteeing a smooth, professional, high quality delivery of work.
- Lead the design team in the research of seasonal inspiration, translating this into 5 seasons each year (Autumn-Winter, Spring-Summer, Bridal, Resort, Pre-Fall).
- Work closely with the development team through each single seasonal fitting, in order to deliver the best, most refined final product. This is both according to the Safiyaa style and quality standards.
- Manage both the internal team and freelancers, you will conceive, refine, and execute innovative products together with the development team.
- You will ensure the delivery of commercially viable, high quality products/collections that will deliver profit margins in line with sales budgets and market opportunities.
- You must be able to make commercial decisions relating to cost and retail pricing.
- You will actively research and evaluate key trends to identify new product opportunities to support the growth and expansion of the business.
- You will be required to work closely with the product development team, being responsible for making the right decision to improve each product, while meeting each deadline.
- You will be required to support the brand creatively, ensuring that the company's creative vision is clearly communicated to and executed by the other teams (development, communication and sales) in the products being delivered at the standards required.
- You will work dynamically, thinking out of the box to support the efficiency of the company overall.
- You will also design and be responsible for some bespoke VIP and bespoke clients' projects.
- You will be asked to support the development team in liaising with suppliers and factories when necessary.
- You will oversee the process and progress of all new product lines.
- You will sign off on the retouch of all look-book imagery and videography.