Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
Responsible for developing assortment plans that deliver corporate objectives. Responsible for development and implementation of strategic vision to maximize profitability both in-season and pre-season; inclusive of Sales, GM, Inventory.Align merchandise assortment strategy with financial goals. Contribute to corporate projects resulting in improved departmental systems and efficiencies. Determine investment at SK level.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Deliver financial results through assortment strategies using current/ historical trends; store research.
• Create and maintain complete style plans in buy tools/ key item planning tools for in-season & pre-season Retail Sales/ GM/ inventory.
• Communicate financial strategies for key programs pre-season meetings.
• Oversee and approve allocation strategies to support financial goals.
• Meet with cross functional team to ensure departmental strategies align to short and long term objectives. Assortment Planning
• Quantify and ensure assortment supports financial targets in partnership with planner.
• Collaborate with buyer to work through assortment gaps/challenges.
• Execute to store clustering and attribute analysis.
• Ensure accuracy of GFE projections. Inventory Management
• Accountable for executing receipt management, reconciliation and reflow opportunities.
• Analyze and forecast sales and inventory at a style level.
• Communicating with production on receipt flow needs. Process Leadership
• Model the Ralph Lauren way.
• Partner closely with team leaders to align cross-functional objectives and best practices.
• Coordinate efforts of direct reports to ensure consistency of planning and distribution.
• Develop and maintain cross-divisional peer relationships.
• Communicate opportunities where management support is needed on initiatives and strategies.
• Foster a collaborative, creative, results-oriented work environment.
• Adapt to new technologies.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
Systems & Tools
* Enterprise Planning.
* Island Pacific.
* GBIS - Global reporting tool used to provide visibility to key sales metrics.
* Microsoft Office Suite
* Kronos/WFM - Work Force Management tool for time entry of hourly employees.
* JDA Allocation Required Skills
* Proficient in retail math and cost accounting.
* Display analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Demonstrates strong listening, written and communication skills.
* Ability to multi-task.
* Highly organized, detail-oriented and accurate.
* Able to develop and maintain effective cross-functional relationships #LI-AM6