- Fred Perry
- London (Central), London (Greater) (GB)
- Closing date
- 5 Feb 2023
- Entry Level / Assistant
- Contract Type
Triple Wimbledon champion Fred Perry founded his brand in 1952. He was the son of a cotton spinner, who played and fought his way through, always with style – and despite the establishment. Today, Fred Perry is a global community of over 370 employees, all inspired by the Laurel Wreath and what it represents. PURPOSE: To provide administrative support to the Logistics, Customer Service and Direct shipment functions. Assist in ensuring that all purchase orders shipped directly to Customers are receipted onto the stock system in a timely manner and provide customer services with all details for onward management.
- Receipt stock onto our system (GRN) for all direct delivery customers and feedback of information to Direct Shipments in line with procedural controls. Reverse GRN’ing as required.
- Assist with shipment process/manage PO exceptions on GT Nexus.
- Assist in resolving any documentary issues with Certificates of Origin/Bills of Lading that may delay shipment/release of freight.
- Assist with the co-ordination of paperwork from the factories to ensure all despatch paperwork is available at the time of shipment.
- Liaise with the freight companies and the warehouse for third party deliveries and ensure that all container arrivals are booked for delivery promptly after vessel arrival.
- Assist with the regular review of Freight Agents Customs Entry Declarations to ensure Fred Perry HTS Codes are correct and that they are updated on the system by the Product Department.
- Provide support to the teams as necessary in monitoring third party reprocessing to assist in ensuring that work is completed in a timely manner.
- Liaise with the warehouses as required and ensure any issues are reported/dealt with accordingly.
- Liaise with warehouse to support PI counting and ensure counts are performed timely and properly reported within correct timelines as determined by the business. Assist in ensuring any subsequent variances are investigated and inventory accuracy is maintained.
- Assist with the annual calculations required for the submission of the Company Waste Packaging Declarations.
- Monitor supplier errors/container compliance following unloading and report back to the business. Set up and manage a control log of all issues that occur.
- Assist with Freight invoice matching process ensuring costs incurred are in line with agreed rates & tariffs.
- Assist in the control of sample shipments from Supplier to warehouse/Head Office/Showroom and providing constant accurate updates to all parties/departments involved.
- Strong analytical skills and computer literacy
- Advanced Excel knowledge essential
- Strong eye for detail and organisational skills
- Proactive and able to work to deadlines
- Excellent work ethic and ability to multi-task
We actively encourage our teams to have a good work/life balance and so we are pleased to offer flexible working shifts at Fred Perry HQ. Our core shift hours are from 10am – 4.30pm and so employees can choose to start and finish early, or start and finish late. (i.e. work 8:00am-4:30pm, or 10:00am-6:30pm etc). We also have 30-minute early finish on Fridays.
As we continue to work in a more flexible way, the Head Office acts a brand hub, where we can all connect and collaborate with one another. This role is a mix of office based (London) and remote working. We will expect the employee to come into the office regularly for face-to-face meetings and to work alongside their team on collaborative projects.
We are proud to offer a wide range of benefits to all our staff, and continue to reassess what our community needs from us to thrive. We don’t want to be a good company to work for, we want to be a great one. Here are some things we currently offer:
- Annual company performance-related bonus
- Competitive salary, reviewed every year
- Generous staff discount and regular sample sales
- Generous pension scheme with 8.5% company contribution
- Option to buy an extra 5 days holiday annually
- Enhanced maternity and paternity packages
- Life insurance
- Private healthcare
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to the EAP
- Flexible working
- Early finish Fridays
- Season ticket loan
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Annual Birthday vouchers
- Regular opportunities to attend gigs / events
We actively welcome applications from people of all different backgrounds. Your CV will be submitted to hiring managers with all personal details hidden to ensure anonymity.
In 1952, Fred Perry founded his brand, designing his first pique tennis shirt the same year. That shirt would transcend sportswear to streetwear on the backs of generation after generation of British youth subcultures. The shirt is the start and end of everything we do, because it’s more than a shirt – it’s a rite of passage, it’s the uniform of the non-uniform. A true icon.
Fred Perry has never adjusted its course for anyone. Never tied itself to the latest subculture. This philosophy has led to long term collaborations with like-minded partners, from Comme des Garçons to Amy Winehouse and from Raf Simons to Charlie Casely-Hayford.
Our head office is in the heart of London. It’s where everything happens from Design, Product Development, Customer Service and Operations. We have over 200 shops around the world, from Glasgow to Brighton, Paris, New York, Shanghai and Tokyo to name a few. We are proud to have a community of customers from all over the world, adopting the Fred Perry Shirt in their own unique way.
- 07825 344700
Fred Perry Ltd
37 Mount Pleasant
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert