We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Manager to join the Dover Street Market team as Ground Floor & Duty Manager to lead Sales Team and provide active support to the wider Store Management team.
Floor Manager Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Full responsibility for the delivery of yearly, seasonal and weekly financial and sales targets for the floor.
- Providing detailed reporting of daily floor performance and activities, including accurate reporting of sales figures against daily, monthly and seasonal targets.
- Holding regular probationary and ‘Touch Base’ meetings with staff to discuss sales performance KPIs, skills development and service standards.
- Providing direction and delegating to the floor AFM and Jewellery Manager, effectively sharing duties and daily handovers of tasks, information, logistics, staff performance and client outreach.
- Leading by example for the entire Floor Management team through upholding and progressing high standards of service and visual presentation on the floor at all times, along with a professional and courteous approach to all visitors.
- Working closely with the Visual Merchandiser and relevant parties to ensure strong Visual Merchandising across all areas and overseeing the maintaining of visual presentation to this high level.
- Enforcing correct and responsible cash handling, store policies and GDPR adherence at all times, taking responsibility alongside the FM for following up with staff, and feeding back any errors or infractions to store management team and relevant department heads.
- Contributing constructively to team briefs and operational meetings, providing creative solutions and acting on any and all directives in a timely and professional manner.
- Assisting in the maintenance and oversight of the digital client book on a floor level, enforcing good data capture practice with the floor team.
- Assisting the store management team and other departments leading up to and during store events; hosting and leading the floor sales team during events; assisting in whichever duties are most useful to the overall business; using sales and client data to action pro-active client outreach both personally and from the floor team.
- Arranging effective cover for scheduled deliveries and overseeing the processing of new stock, ensuring best practice and procedure at all times.
- Overseeing effective communication between AFM, Brand Specialist, Merchandise and Stock Control teams to ensure good stock integrity, levels, sell through, delivery and returns.
- Leading the floor team, Jewellery Manager and relevant Brand Specialist in providing pro-active support to Special Projects, Stock Control and Merchandise teams during installations, de-rigs, product launches and associated maintenance activity.
- Enforcing the proper maintaining stock, stock rooms and back of house areas to the highest standards of organisation and working with the Stock Control team to ensure effective flow of stock in, out and within the business, and compliance with all Health and Fire Safety standards.
- Providing constructive feedback to Buying and Merchandising team on customer preferences and needs after collecting relevant information from Sales Associates and Brand Specialist
- Managing floor team leave requests, absences and breaks and feeding back consistently to help ensure sufficient cover of the floor and standards of service at all times.
- Working with the Learning & Development Advisor, Brand Specialist and Concession Staff to hold effective and engaging product, service and operational trainings.
- Executing all necessary opening tasks and end of day banking duties relevant to the floor, or other floors if needed.
Duty Manager Duties & Responsibilities:
- When required, performing all duties related to morning store opening, including reporting on overall store performance and writing detailed reports of store activity as per current practices; distributing sales metrics to Floor Management Team, holding Floor Management team briefs, general meetings and associated trainings, and orchestrating store opening procedures; overseeing any special event or launch procedures; ensuring store standards are immaculate and the store is ready to open to the public.
- Performing store closing duties such as banking store takings, performing final checks of the store, arranging with floor managers to ensure appropriate cover for late shopping clients and sending reads of final store takings.
- Supporting the on-duty Store Manager to assist in specific store opening or closing roles as requested.
- Leading meetings and briefs with the Floor Manager Team and representing or assisting Store Management in interdepartmental meetings.
- Providing regular store performance updates (TSF) in a timely manner to Store Management and Floor Managers, capitalising on any opportunity to effectively motivate the Floor Management team and Sales Team to achieve daily targets.
- Providing reliable and effective handover to Store Management of all managerial tasks and focus points, outstanding issues and actions taken; flagging any opportunities, challenges or obstacles to trade or service to the relevant department heads and Store Management.
- If necessary, assisting in disciplinary, probationary and touch base meetings alongside Floor Managers as a representative Store Management; acting as witness and/or note taker if applicable.
- Assisting in the hiring selection and interviewing process if requested by Store Management.
- Assisting in the ongoing coaching and training of new or promoted staff
- Upholding good Health & Safety practice across the entire store and providing support and feedback to the Head of Operations, Security Manager and Store Management in the event of any incident or emergency and assisting in all efforts at resolution.
- Providing additional support to Store Management and other departments ahead of and during external events, staff only events, and during seasonal changeover periods.
Required Experience & Skills:
- Previous experience in fast paced luxury retail environments, with strong sales performances and interpersonal skills related (but not limited) to luxury fashion retail.
- Good experience of working in and leading teams, with strong leadership experience.
- Good understanding of KPIs, budgets, sales targets, stock, retail and CRM systems, with the ability to translate important metrics into sales opportunities.
- A solid understanding of Dover Street Market and Comme des Garcons brands, related brands and activities, along with the ability to embody and communicate with enthusiasm the brands’ values and history.
- Keeping informed and up to date with all current fashion trends and market activity to better serve our clientele and aid store operations.
- The ability to clientele at a high level and lead by example at all stages of the sales process. Confidence in sharing knowledge and expertise to assist in the continual development of the floor team.
- A confident, professional and respectful manner in dealing with client feedback and complaints, with a creative and confident approach to problem solving and crisis resolution.
- A confident, efficient and professional approach to dealing with staff issues and disputes, including diligent reporting and actioning of disciplinary actions.
- Effective time management, prioritising and delegation skills whilst under pressure.
- An effective understanding of store policies & procedures; a considerate and professional relationship with staff, upholding DSM’s core values and the duty of care to all employees within the business.
- Smooth and consistent running of all store operations, with responsible oversight of all managerial aspects; good and effective communication between all departments.
- A strong and unified sense of leadership and direction in all store operations.
- The consistent achievement of floor sales targets, successfully capitalising on every opportunity to over-achieve against targets.
- An effective, well-motivated and highly organised floor Sales Team, each individual embodying the core DSM principle of ‘My Floor My Shop’ with a strong sense of ownership, awareness and creative thinking to collectively improve the ‘DSM Experience’ for all visitors.
- The ongoing maintenance and improvement of standards of service, presentation and efficacy befitting ‘The Best Store in the World’.
What We Offer
- 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, increasing with each year of service up to 5 additional days
- A generous Clothing Allowance
- Up to 60% Employee Discount
- Access to RetailTrust, our Employee Assistance Programme
- Free extended access to Headspace for mindfulness and meditation
- 24/7 Access to our VirtualGP service
- Cyclescheme and Eyecare Vouchers
The diversity of our workforce is what makes us unique, creative and connected.
As an equal opportunity employer, we work hard to ensure that candidates and employees are treated fairly. We do not tolerate discrimination of any kind. We welcome people from all courses of life - age, race, gender, sexuality, disability, and more - and strive to make everyone feel like they belong.
We review our recruitment selection criteria, hiring processes and onboarding often. The goal is to be as diverse and inclusive as possible.
Put simply: we welcome everybody, respect everyone's stories, and celebrate our differences.