Are you an assertive multitasker who thrives in a high-energy, fast-paced working environment? Are you a fashion industry lover who wants to join an amazing team of creative people in a growing startup company?
BY FAR is looking to hire an experienced Textile and Material Sourcing Specialist to support the Design and Development Team with fabric sourcing and trim management. Primary responsibility includes enhancing the sourcing process to ensure the best quality and maximize profitability.
BY FAR is a Bulgarian luxury fashion brand focusing on modern pieces with a nostalgia for vintage. Our premium product is made with love and an appreciation for the finest materials, outstanding quality and comfort. A breakout social media success, BY FAR has earned a cult following among the fashion crowd, with a steady stream of influencers, actresses and stylists trotting the globe in BY FAR’s mini bags, simple booties and square-toe sandals that anticipate that 90s coolness.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
- Source supplies, textiles and trims as per design's brief and as per budget requirements;
- Contact suppliers and order samples and sampling fabric;
- Support development team and liaise with factories on questions regarding materials for fully-factored garments, where relevant;
- Pass invoices to accounting;
- Organise fabric swatches and follow denim washes;
- Implement and maintain material archive system;
- Follow up on textile deliveries, ensure all materials are delivered within the agreed timeline;
- Ensure all relevant tech sheets for fabric are passed to development and fabric selection falls within flexible MOQS;
- Ensure compliances are covered and sustainable options for fabrics are present;
- Counter source competitive price alternatives and attend fabric meetings;
- Flag any potential issue along the supply chain such as price changes, fabric availabilities and logistics issues;
- Pass all information to development in a clear way and support production team with any fabric related issues;
- Send fabrics for testing and follow up print strikes offs;
- Any other ad hoc assignments given by the Direct Line Manager.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in textile or relevant fashion design degree;
- At least 5 years experience within sourcing position;
- Flexible and responsible;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines;
- Thorough with the ability to follow through and keeps track of suppliers,
- Experience working with jersey, denim and print;
- Fluent in English, second langues is a plus;
WHY WORK WITH US?
- Dynamic working environment in a booming startup in the coolest industry;
- A super cool team;
- A good salary;
- Additional health insurance and other perks;
- Great office and office location.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow.
If what we have described seems like the perfect fit for you, then we would love to hear from you. To apply, please send us your CV and cover letter in English.
Our team will be contacting only shortlisted candidates.