an American luxury brand known for beautiful, timeless pieces and rich storytelling that evokes optimism and joy. Tory is a fashion designer who draws inspiration from her parents' effortless style, the worlds of travel, art and interiors, and women globally. The collections include ready-to-wear, handbags, footwear, accessories, jewelry, home and beauty. Empowering women is the company's guiding principle, underpinning the design philosophy and company culture, and driving the work of the Tory Burch Foundation. You are
seeking a work environment where people are encouraged to dream, explore, discover and, as important, laugh together. If you're prepared to work hard, create impact, and have fun while doing it, we would love to have you join #TeamTory. Apply today! Life @ToryBurch is Special Because:
When you join us, you're joining a global, purpose-led company on an exciting growth journey with an amazing culture and great benefits.
This Role is Tailor-Made for You Because:
- Our culture is welcoming and inclusive -- everyone is empowered to make a difference.
- We have the best team in the world and believe in paying competitively and rewarding for high performance.
- Your overall well-being is important to us; we offer generous benefits to help you take care of your mental and physical health, create financial security, and achieve wellness in all areas of your life.
- We love seeing our employees wear our beautiful collections. You'll receive a generous employee discount and access to exclusive sample sales.
- We are invested in your professional growth - you'll have access to free executive coaching on-demand.
- We believe in the importance of giving back and you'll have many opportunities to do just that through the Tory Burch Foundation and paid volunteer days.
You have excellent communication and negotiation skills to lead large scale sample projects to success. You are able to manage a team of five on a daily basis by identifying assignments supporting the life cycle of the product. You're also collaborative, have pristine organizational skills and the ability to work well under pressure with tight deadlines. A Day in the Life:
The Sample Operations team is a support function of the business, offering sample assistance to teams such as design, Merchandising, PD, Production, PR, VM, Wholesale, E-Commerce and International departments. We have visibility to nearly all departments and their projects and offer sample support in runway shows, marketing campaigns, design style outs, VIP fittings, international markets, e-commerce shoots and more. This role has a broad understanding of the business as we see products through from the proto stage, to their runway debut, to their online launch - and everything in between. The day could include hosting a high level sample review to provide incorrect sample details, packing trunks then coordinating transportation logistics for a shoot, working out company-wide sample shares, or coordinating with Production on factory ETA's for incoming rush samples. The Senior Associate's main objective is to lead the team to make sure all departments have the physical samples and product information they need to succeed! To Land This Role:
Why You'll Want to Join Our Team:
- Production background, preferably in fashion or merchandising
- Ability to travel to our Jersey City office at 499 Washington Street as needed
- Previous management experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation, listening and oral/written communication skills.
- Good creative problem-solving skills and abilities.
- Good time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines, ability to multi-task, strong analytical skills.
- Top-notch organizational skills, ability to take direction and give orders as needed.
- Work independently and with teams, able to decipher problems and create solutions.
- Self-driven and able to complete tasks with minimal guidance if necessary.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities in a deadline-driven environment.
- Productivity-focused and proven to be a quick problem solver, with ability to overcome technical challenges as necessary.
- Strong computer skills (Outlook, Excel &Word, Sample Tracking database and Airtable a plus)
Every collection begins with samples designs from our runway that are the basis of our collection each season and each piece is in hot demand from global teams across the company from Design and Merchandising to Public Relations. The Sample Operations team oversees the receipt, processing and distribution of all samples globally, providing ad hoc project support for runway shows, marketing campaigns, design style outs, VIP fittings, international markets, e-commerce shoots and more. Being part of the Sample Ops team is an opportunity to support our collection as it moves from the atelier to the runway and on to the launch in stores and online. Interested in learning more? We'd love to hear from you!How We Work Together
- Adaptable - We change before we have to
- Entrepreneurial - We own it
- Collaborative - There's no "I" in Tory
- Client & Brand Focused - We put ourselves in Tory's shoes
- Live the Values - We show up for each other
- Functional Expertise - We're constantly learning and growing
We show up with honesty & kindness, act with integrity & compassion, work with passion & humility and lead with excellence & humor.Compensation Range
The compensation range for this position is 65,000.00 USD - 80,000.00 USD. Our offer will be based on your relevant experience and work location.Benefits Information
We offer a generous set of benefits to help you take care of your heath, create financial security, and achieve wellness in all areas of your life. Here are highlights of key benefits available to all Tory Burch members that work over 30 hours.Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law. Likewise, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment. Disability Accommodation
Tory Burch is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact email@example.com .