The Assistant Buyer will support the Buyer in areas of Purchasing, Replenishment, Merchandising, Pricing and Promotion.
- Partner with the Merchandise Group in overseeing the life cycle of all products from setting up initial sku to establishing purchase orders, approving order confirmations, and ensuring all products are ready to be uploaded for online sales or at our Tribeca flagship store.
- Tracking shipments of current season deliveries.
- Attend seasonal market appointments and assist with product selection.
- Responsible for market notes/photos, prepare selling reports, quantify assortments and present style outs to Buyer.
- Prepare weekly selling reports and provide swap/reorder recommendations based on notable strong and weak product sell-thrus.
- Partner with CFO and Buyer in developing seasonal financial plans and budgets.
- Assist in executing promotional activities to drive in season business
- Work with cross functional partners to support the needs of the business.
- Provide market research support and competitor analysis.
- Minimum of 3 years experience as Assistant Buyer required, preferably with a luxury fashion multi-brand store.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow through on all aspects of his/her assignments.
- University or college degree.
- Proven ability to multi-task, highly organized, and keen attention to detail.
- In-depth knowledge of retail math.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong proficiency with Macs and Google Docs.
Benefits for full-time employees include company paid health/dental/eye insurance, PTO, company matching 401K plan, paid holidays, healthcare flexible spending account, commuter benefits, etc.