About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path. From day one, we've been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we're family.About the Role
In this role, you are accountable for the strategy execution, ideation, planning, development, and implementation of the Gap Inc sourcing, production, and vendor capability strategy - delivering value through effectively balancing and driving innovation, vendor allocation, capacity planning, quality, and cost/AUC management. You will be able to operate in a highly matrixed global organization, forming part of the cross functional product team (Design, Merchandising, Tech Design, Quality Assurance, Sustainability, Fabric Research and Development and Global Sourcing). You will be able to manage and collaborate as well as execute, with strong attention to detail and business acumen, ensuring product flows through the pipeline and meets key milestones to meet product to market (P2M) demands.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Manage the fabric / product / vendor development process (P2M) in a timely manner (development sampling, initial costs, negotiation/ production & capacity planning to meets the design aesthetic as well as commercially acceptable quality standards)
- Manage seasonal global vendor evaluation & allocation, aggregated costing and overall capacity planning across geographies; Partner with the brand to develop supply chain to support on demand customer needs
- Maintain strategic alliances with mills/vendors and champion Brand culture/aesthetic to ensure that it is understood and followed in multiple locations
- Hold mills/vendors accountable for performance and pro actively resolve issues and escalations
- Partner with mills/vendors to build vendor capability, drive continuous improvement & innovation initiatives to ensure market competitiveness
- Responsible for quality of services and advice in meeting business partner needs
- Responsible for end results of team and shares responsibility over resources, budget and adherence to policies
Benefits at Old Navy
- Working knowledge of concepts and procedures specific to global fabric/product/vendor development and understands design, merchandising, and global sourcing landscape
- Proven success in managing a team with a proven track record of assessing, attracting, developing best in industry teams
- Ability to influence and make decisions cross functionally in a matrix environment (ensuring speed and cultural sensitivity); can proactively solve problems and effectively manage multiple challenges
- Ability to assess relatively complex situations and analyze data to make judgments and recommend solutions
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Salary Range: $106,700 - $141,400 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.US Candidates
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.