With approximately 1,300 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S., as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team of nearly 16,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence. POSITION OBJECTIVE:
This position is responsible for supporting the corporate law department in a broad variety of legal matters, including contract drafting, analysis and negotiation, intellectual property, marketing, litigation, privacy, and corporate governance. This role plays a key role in improving, maintain and monitoring Chico's FAS compliance program. This position leverages an individual's critical thinking, project management and communication skills, and provides vast opportunity for growth in responsibility. FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drafts, analyzes, and negotiates the business and legal terms of various contracts, including master service agreements, amendments, agendas, statements of work and confidentiality agreements for a wide variety of substantive areas.
- Assists in developing, improving, maintaining, and monitoring (as applicable) Chico's FAS, Inc.'s standard legal forms, policies, procedures and compliance programs, as necessary.
- Assists with contracts administration to ensure administrative requirements of the legal, finance, procurement and internal audit departments' guidelines are satisfied.
- Trains contract administration on various routine legal documents.
- Participates in various internal steering committees and strategic initiatives, including data security and privacy committee, retail transactions committee and others.
- Assists in various intellectual property matters, including conducting trademark searches and design reviews.
- Provides strategic legal advice on day-to-day matters, including contract interpretation and navigating vendor conflicts.
- Provides legal review for marketing copy and collateral and other customer facing matters, as necessary.
- Provides pre-litigation and litigation support for a variety of cases, including assisting in factual investigation and defense development, review of discovery responses and facilitation of fulfilling settlement obligations. Manages select litigation and assist in tracking of all litigation impacting the company.
- Manages select outside counsel relationships and ensure cost-efficient results.
- Acts as liaison to vendors and Chico's FAS, Inc. departments.
- Assists with various corporate governance projects from time-to-time.
- Supports training to internal clients, including material development.
- Develops systemic solutions to recurring inquiries.
- Assists in managing contracts policy, supporting forms and training for internal business partners.
- Completes various legal research projects.
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree from an accredited institution
- 3-6 years of legal experience in a law firm or corporate law department
- Proven analytical and critical thinking skills
- Desire to work on a variety of legal matters and to grow in responsibility
- Strong customer service orientation
- Self-starter with ability to manage own workload and complete complex projects from beginning to end
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Proficiency in, or ability to learn, PowerPoint for presentations
Chico's FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.