Employee Sale Assistant
- London, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 27 Feb 2023
- Entry Level / Assistant
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
This role will be reporting to and working closely with the UK Employee Sale Supervisor, supporting the effective control of all stockroom activities and operations in order to drive operational excellence and enhance the experience when delivering an Employee Sale at offsite location.
This is a Full-Time role.
- Embrace the Burberry Experience and follow training guidelines and standards to reflect Burberry's luxury brand standards and image
- Consistently meet individual sales goals while exhibiting the Burberry Behaviours
- Interact with customers and provide excellent customer service skills, great selling skills and exhibit motivation to succeed
- Demonstrate superior interpersonal and communication talent
- Flexibility to work and stay at offsite locations during sale periods for set up, trade and decommission.
- Be an effective team member to achieve sale targets during sale periods
- Take an active role in health and safety activities when offsite to ensure full statutory and non-statutory compliance
- Receive and send sale packages which will consist of pallets and mobile rails of stock and non-stock in line with relevant procedures
- Visually merchandise stock for sale periods following company policies, procedures and use visual techniques to maintain the visual standards according to Burberry guidelines
- Give feedback on trade to support delivering effective Employee Sales
- Assist in some administration including the creation of information packs, event schedules where required.
- Be the ultimate Brand Ambassador, seen by others as a beacon of the brand and bring to life Burberry's behaviours and core values- Protect, Explore, Inspire
- Follow all stock related processes and procedures, covering the receipt of goods into the store to the effective organisation of products within the stockroom to the transfer of goods to other locations
- Ensure that high standards and effective operations of the Stockroom are maintained, including proper organisation and accessibility of merchandise broken down by style, colour and size
- Process the receipt and movement of goods through SAP and any necessary paperwork in a timely and effective manner
- Sort , ticket / label merchandise into pre-defined categories / SKUs
- Ensure price changes are done on a timely basis by completing the appropriate paperwork and ticketing process
- Physical stock management / movement within both Stockroom and off-site location and maintenance of effective overall stock flow / storage process
- Raise any issues / concerns to the Employee Sale Supervisor and taking appropriate action in a sensitive and timely manner
- Take an active role in store stock takes
- Willing to work in and promote a team oriented environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to ensure clear, effective communication with all management and staff.
- Consistently show a positive attitude & take responsibility for own actions.
- Must be results driven and flexible to change
- Previous stockroom experience, preferably in a fast paced environment .
- Strong organisational skills and high attention to detail
- Able to work well under pressure and meet multiple deadlines
- Strategic and forward thinking
- Physical fitness - manual handling of stock
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || CUSTOMER SERVICES || NO DEPARTMENT - FIST9011 || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert