IT Project Manager - 1 year contract assignment
- New York, United States
- Closing date
- 3 Feb 2023
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
We are looking for an experienced IT Project Manager to work on our portfolio of IT Projects, delivering for the Americas business which has an annual revenue of approximately $475M, employing several thousand staff and operating across various countries, including digital.
The role is a fantastic opportunity to work on a wide range of projects, with a great team and an outstanding brand. You will be Project Managing both IT Infrastructure and IT Solutions projects.
The range of technologies, systems and business functions you will have exposure to makes this role incredibly exciting and an opportunity to grow your skillset. We are looking for high energy levels and a genuine passion to deliver to the highest standard.
You could be working on projects to deliver IT Infrastructure for our Stores, Offices and Warehouses. In the infrastructure space, the range of technology spans across everything from Network, POS, Payment, AV to stock management handheld devices. Looking across to our solutions projects, you could expect to work on everything from SAP deployments, to compliance, to reporting and innovate projects, which help us deliver excellence to our customers. We have an exciting IT roadmap to deliver and would love you to be part of that.
• Your role would see you taking projects from inception, through to go-live and hand over to support.
• You would be expected to track and deliver within your budget, across multiple projects.
• We would expect you to manage 3rd parties and maintain fantastic working relationships with them.
• You will be able to call on support and expertise from the entire IT team where we have competency in SAP, Infrastructure, Security, Retail technology, Digital etc...
• Projects would be delivered within our project framework and following our internal processes.
• You will be working hard to ensure we leverage our 3rd parties and ensure they deliver to the standards which we expect.
• You will help us to continually improve and deliver the best customer experience possible.
• You will be able to work across many functions including Retail, Wholesale, Finance, Supply Chain.
• There will be occasional travel across the Americas region.
• Enthusiastic, passionate and driven
• Significant project management experience on large projects (circa $1M) or programmes of work.
• Proven ability to control & plan project budgets
• IT Domain expertise
• Demonstrable experience of using or implementing new processes using technology
• Proven ability to develop and build relationships and partner with senior stakeholders within the business and IT
• Relevant Project Management experience across multiple projects in at least 3 full project life cycles, including one complex project / programme
• Can clearly demonstrate delivery for each project phase, and link the business value created with the process and system improvement
• Demonstrated experience in Project Management development and improvement
• Experience in documenting requirements resulting in quality deliverables, with limited direction
• Self-directed and independent worker who can also lead through cross-functional and cross-organisational projects
• Must be able to communicate effectively in both technical and business settings
• Self-motivated, creative, passionate and able to acclimate into a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Demonstrated interest in the creative industries, retail or consumer goods
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
- Expected base salary for the role will generally be between $150,000.00 and $200,000.00 per year at the commencement of employment. However, base salary if hired will be determined on an individualized basis and is only part of the total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, discretionary bonuses, short and long-term incentive packages, and Company-sponsored benefit programs.
- This position is at-will and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Posting Notes: USA || New York (US-NY) || New York || IT || COMMERCIAL (REGIONAL) || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert