At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities. JOB PURPOSE
Here at Burberry, we are looking for a Senior Manager in UX Design to join our talented digital team, based in our Westminster office. You will be using your expertise to inform our design decisions in helping make our experiences useful, usable and delightful for the Burberry customer.
You will establish and champion what it means to be 'customer first' within our digital department, and across our omni channel pillars, by enabling and maintaining a culture where research, testing & UX design is core to our digital product's development.
This is a highly collaborative role, where you will work closely with many of our amazing teams such as Product, Engineering, Marketing and Insights, amongst others, to ensure the team are producing considered and impactful designs. RESPONSIBILITIES
- First and foremost, you must be a 'people' person. Nurturing and upskilling your team is a critical part of this role, and we will empower you so you can get the best out of your design team.
- You will lead by example and ensure the UX and Product design approach is embedded in to every step of our delivery process.
- Lead the user research & testing strategy for our digital product & marketing teams, by suggesting, planning, conducting and improving our qualitative research methods.
- Drive the communication of research findings and adoption of recommendations clearly and effectively to inform business decisions through the best possible means ranging from presentations, workshops, reports or whatever mechanism gets the insights into our decision-making.
- Develop and contribute to our product design language, ensuring it is respective of our Brand, and catering for all user's needs.
- You must be 'Lean' in your approach, and know when to use the right process or methodology to solve a problem from inception to delivery.
- You are able to demonstrate your end-to-end UX skills through your recent portfolio of work.
- This role is a key part of our design leadership team, and will help shape the future of our team and how we work together to create beautiful, meaningful and impactful products.
- You must have a customer centric mindset, putting the user at the core of everything, which is aligned around our business ambitions.
- Finally, you must be an active participant in how we live our values, our design culture and growth mentality.
- You must be able to plan, execute and communicate your ideas to stakeholders and the wider department.
- You must have hands on experience of end-to-end UX, and are able to get stuck in to design activities when needed.
- You've got multiple hands-on experience with exploratory and evaluative qualitative research methods, appreciating their limitations and when to apply them appropriately.
- You've worked in a multidisciplinary team environment before, where you've led the research and made demonstrable impact on the direction of the product or service.
- You are confident with quantitative methods of user research, MVT frameworks, metrics and validating hypotheses through user data.
- You're a confident communicator and facilitator. You're able to tell a story so your audience will want to listen to and zoom into detail when needed to help solutions come to life. Identifying themes and headlines from research activity quickly and effectively.
- Experience in being able to guide, nurture a design team, giving particular attention to their growth and skills, is a must.
- You have experience in creating and executing an impactful UX strategy, which will be the cornerstone of our customer centricity mindset.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || DIGITAL || NO DEPARTMENT - FDST9007 || n/a ||