Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
In this dynamic role, the assistant will support their direct manager and merchandising team in general. They will work directly with many cross functional teams from Product Management and Design to Marketing, Sales, and the Digital teams. They will participate and be responsible for many aspects of the seasonal line creation and the product development cycle- including line planning, assortment review, creating visual market and seasonal training tools. In addition to the daily responsibilities, the assistant will also be given the opportunity to take on special projects, designed to elevate their exposure within the department and with their cross functional partners.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Product/Line development -Line definition/sku management within GFE+ and Riversand is an essential part of the job. Maintaining all aspects of data entry throughout the development cycle.
* Attend weekly development meetings with Design and Product Management and updating the seasonal development information as needed.
* Creation and maintenance of seasonal product information for Adoption, Open to Buy and Market and Training tools.
* Support of product launch on RLE - to include data entry, coordination with Merch ops and Site ops teams on photography direction, sample needs and copy.
* Sales and Market knowledge - Analyze and articulate weekly sales, reporting out on the Merchandising weekly business calls.
* Developing and maintain competitor information, reporting out on findings on seasonal basis.
* Sample coordination. Responsibility for the coordination of all samples for showroom market, sales, and digital needs.
* Assist Manager supporting licensees on development and assortmnt, as well as monthly sales reporting.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Excel, power point, retail math and analysis is a plus
* Specific merchandising or textile knowledge preferred
* Ability to juggle a variety of projects with high level of detail #LI-CE1