Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
The Merchandise Assistant will be supporting the Merchandising team that manages the Tabletop & Gift, Lighting and Pet categories within Home. This person will be responsible for weekly meeting documentation, system and report creation and sample management and tracking.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Systems expert/owner for tabletop, gift, books, and lighting categories
* GFE+, Riversand & IP- creation and maintenance of skus
* Go to Market & Showroom support
* Prepare market sales materials and line lists
* Sample management - Tabletop & Gift, Lighting and Pet
* Product Knowledge and Selling Tool coordination
* Seasonal Assortment Support
* Support costing meetings and margin roll up
* Attend Product Development meetings as needed
* Attend retail store calls to support the channel
* Competitive Analysis
* Assist in researching and compiling relevant market analysis of top industry trends and competitor's product in store and online.
* Develop strong relationships and communication skills with the sales, design and production teams to help drive business by expanding on best sellers and adjusting product when necessary.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Based in NYC
* Great interpersonal skills, work well under pressure
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
* Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
* Detail oriented and self-starter, critical for fast paced environment
* Knowledge of the home/interiors industry preferred, but not required
* Positive, can do attitude #LI-CE1