032c Readytowear is looking for an experienced Pattern Maker to join the Berlin based design team, working closely with the Creative Director, Designers and Developers across seasonal and runway collections. We are offering a central position within the team and searching for an independent and experienced profile who can manage multiple product groups, set up and maintain structure and keep a full overview.
Start date: February 2023.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Creating digital and manual patterns from hand drawings and / or drapes; working on pattern alterations and grading rules
- Responsible for pattern quality and accuracy from the first sketch handover to the last production fitting; being aware of the seasonal calendar and ensuring pattern deadlines are kept accordingly
- Suggesting creative pattern approaches to translate the design vision
- Interact closely with the in-house atelier regarding construction and finishings and overseeing the completion of high quality samples; manage sales samples alterations towards handover for the sales team and show
- Participate and coordinate internal garment fittings
- Communicate with the production team to ensure high-quality fit and finishes; prepare clear pattern comments and instructions for the garment manufacturers
- Ambition to further build and strengthen our internal pattern and atelier team, setting up and improving internal development processes
- Reporting to Head of Design
- Minimum 4 years experience as a pattern maker, preferably in an international high-end fashion environment across different garment categories, experience in Tailoring and Menswear is a plus
- Good understanding of the creative process and a sensitivity for making patterns with experimental solutions
- Proficient in CAD pattern software (Gerber, Lectra) as well as manual pattern development
- Ability to work on the form, drape and sew
- Strong communication skills in written and spoken English
INTERESTED? Please submit your portfolio or examples of your work along with your CV to email@example.com with the subject line “Creative Pattern Maker”.