About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms-is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.About the Role
As a senior HR manager, you are responsible for aligning business objectives with corporate business teams/functions at Gap. Your position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objective of the organization. You are accountable to drive consistent, high performance across all initiatives, and for ensuring consistency as measured by the People & Culture GPS results.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Work as local Employee Relations leader in response to a range of employee relations concerns and regulations, policies and procedures.
- Work with legal partners to ensure employee relations activities adhere to company policy and local regulatory requirements.
- Provide consultation, coaching, and problem-solving assistance to business leaders (Sr Mgr and below) on employee relations strategies including retention, talent development, dispute resolution, performance management, involuntary terminations, policy interpretation, etc.
- Ensure local leadership effectiveness by delivering valuable results, in furtherance of Company's values and objectives.
- Facilitate local training program to drive talent development.
- Confer with employees and provide guidance and/or consultation making sure they are using the tools and resources available.
- Interact with local leadership team regarding legal compliance, discipline, termination, and negotiated separations.
- Quickly response to the local emergencies (Covid-19, earthquake, etc.) and facilitate global team on the contingency plan to deal with the situation.
- Staying attuned to organizational and operational changes to identify potential risks and develop plans to address proactively.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Minimum 8+ year of relevant experience, either as an HRBP, Senior HR manger including three years in employee relations preferred.
- Experience with HRIS, Workday system
- Sound knowledge of labor laws and regulations
- Excellent leadership skills
- People-friendly and ability to develop as well as maintain long-term employee relations
- Proficiency in English
- Strong verbal as well as non-verbal communication skills
- Exceptional management and organizational skills
- Ability to remain tactful, calm, and persuasive in controversial and/or confrontational situations.
- Effectively working in a fast moving and changing environment
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.